Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband near Gurteen

Options
  • 22-05-2008 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Might be moving out near Gurteen - the Gurteen - Tobarcurry road to be precise. Has anyone here got any broadband out that way or know anyone who has? The hubby needs his World of Warcraft ^^

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I think they're planning to lay broadband cables out that way at the same time they're doing the ESB cables. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I have a feeling that at the moment your only bet might be fastcom but you could be in trouble there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I think they're planning to lay broadband cables out that way at the same time they're doing the ESB cables. :)

......while they are laying the roads.

Fastcom isn't in Gurteen.
    Tbh I really don't know.
    Not being smart, but maybe it isn't available at all, yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

MikeySligo wrote: »
    ......while they are laying the roads.

Fastcom isn't in Gurteen.
    Tbh I really don't know.
    Not being smart, but maybe it isn't available at all, yet.
    :) I know, but I'm hoping. We definately can't get regular broadband (checked with Eircom) but I was hoping someone might have wireless - vodafone or O2 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

To be quite honest, if Mr Xiney was a WoWer, you bet your ass we'd be moving somewhere without broadband. I'd put a stop to that but right quick...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

fozzle wrote: »
    :) I know, but I'm hoping. We definately can't get regular broadband (checked with Eircom) but I was hoping someone might have wireless - vodafone or O2 or something.

Is there any mobiles in that area? thought they had only pigeons?

Xiney wrote: »
    To be quite honest, if Mr Xiney was a WoWer, you bet your ass we'd be moving somewhere without broadband. I'd put a stop to that but right quick...

But then how could I waste large percentages of my life browsing boardsie?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Boards can be done on dialup. Painful, but doable.

WoW can't. And that's a goooood thing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mobile broadband is really crap for gaming, the pings are rubbish on it. Only use it if you can't get anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Mobile broadband is really crap for gaming, the pings are rubbish on it. Only use it if you can't get anything else.

So there you are the perfect sulution for you fozzle!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Dg_

There is some fastcom customers in certain parts of gurteen ,worth given them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Dg_ wrote: »
    There is some fastcom customers in certain parts of gurteen ,worth given them a call.[/QUOTE

+1 I know a few too

Oooh, thanks guys, I'll check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Im currently looking into this for the folks

Were on the ballaghadeereen road. I do know that monasterdan has broadband, wireless though and im ringing vodafone this week to see if gurteen has 3G, if so we can get. If not its dial up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

not funny :mad:

AdrianII wrote: »
    Im currently looking into this for the folks

Were on the ballaghadeereen road. I do know that monasterdan has broadband, wireless though and im ringing vodafone this week to see if gurteen has 3G, if so we can get. If not its dial up

Oooh, well keep us posted.

Advertisement