Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An ole Dawg speaks ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    http://recordproduction.com/trevor-horn-record-producer.html

Great video interview with recording legend Trevor Horn.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Horn

To my mind he's of interest because he represents success on both sides of recording i.e analogue and playing pre 1980s AND digital and sampling from then on. Part 2 is very interesting.

He seems to think that the industry for music producers is not as lucrative as it used to be? Is this a fair analogy? The interviewer mentions 3000 people learning engineering but the figure is way higher? LOL 'none of this boyband nonsense!'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

dav nagle wrote: »
    3000 people learning engineering !'

That would be in the UK

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    That would be in the UK

I would have taught that number would have been higher.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

dav nagle wrote: »
    I would have taught that number would have been higher.:pac:
    i think that number is taking about people participating in courses.doesnt take into account the people learning at home

seannash wrote: »
    i think that number is taking about people participating in courses.doesnt take into account the people learning at home

Whatever he is talking about it sounds like a figure he pulled straight out of his ass!:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement