Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISP stops Torrent DL??

Options
  • 22-05-2008 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi I am just wondering if any of you had similar experience.
    I was using Client Azureus for some very rare BitTorrent dl.
    I had not used the program for a few months or so but when I reactivated it
    I could not connect to any peers, I have tried a few days changing Ports (Connection always times out) and tried other Clients - Transmission same, TomatoTorrent same. What I don't understand is how something that worked fine can suddenly stop? Has the ISP put a lid on? Any ideas?
    I am on wireless Broadbad in the SW.

Beer Drinkers support Farmers!

Abolish infamous Minimum Unit Pricing!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Well the name of your ISP may help. If you had bothered to do a search you would have found multiple threads about ISP's blocking/throttleing Torrents. Infact there is a sticky at the top of the first page.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Well the name of your ISP may help. If you had bothered to do a search you would have found multiple threads about ISP's blocking/throttleing Torrents. Infact there is a sticky at the top of the first page.
    Easy tiger.:rolleyes:

OP, have a read here and try the test.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055295975

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭La Madame

Car Racing Game? Is not for Mac? Is it.
    ISP = Digital Forge.

Thank you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If the stuff you are looking for is rare, can you be sure it is seeded and still active on the tracker?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭La Madame

No I meant that I don't dl often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

La Madame wrote: »
    Car Racing Game? Is not for Mac? Is it.
    ISP = Digital Forge.

Thank you.

No. There's a link in the first post of the other thread. It takes you to a site where you can run a test on your internet connection and checks if the ISP is blocking ports used for torrents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

This is the link for the more conventional test.

http://broadband.mpi-sws.mpg.de/transparency/bttest.php

Scroll to the bottem and take the long test. Although I am not fully convinced that the test is really that usefull.

Advertisement