Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wart removal

• 22-05-2008 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

i need to get rid of one wart i have on my hand...i've tried scholl verruca and wart removal and it's not working...thought you didn't need to go to a doctor anymore for this sort of thing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Get that thing that blasts them with freezing temperatures. Try recommended dose and if it doesnt work then turn it up yo

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

yea same i need to find something!!!is there anything you can get that makes sure it wont come back aswell???im training to be a beautician and i cant imagine anyone coming for a facial with a wart like this on my hand lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭dubdcugirly

From what I have heard no products are as good as getting the doctor to freeze it off!!...

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

From what I have heard no products are as good as getting the doctor to freeze it off!!...

and is it sore???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

Cover the wart in a piece of silver duct tape for a week. At the end of the week soak it in warm water and use a file on it to remove the top layer. Cover again with duct tape and repeat until it disappears. Studies have found this to be more effective than any over the counter product and even cryptotherapy (freezing). The ingredients of the tape seem to have some effect on shedding the surface of the wart and gradually wearing it away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Deadevil129

There's a ten ton of stuff over the counter for warts and veruccas but it can be very hit and miss whether a certain remedy will work for you. The cryotherapy methods can work fantastically for some people but it seems to be only if the wart it quite small or already warn down by other treatments.

Salactal Gel is a popular one, you put a thin film of gel on top of the wart in and let it dry. After 24 hours you pick it off gently and file the wart off. This takes around two weeks but it might not be so desireable for a wart on the hand as the gel dries white and can make it more noticeable during treatment.

Occlusal is similar to salactac gel but it's aimed at treating warts only as far as I know (where salactac gel is for both). It's frequenty recommended by doctors especially for large or stubborn warts. Generally it's time for a drip to the doc if the warts still hanging around after x amounts of treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Deadevil129

flynnser19 wrote: »
    and is it sore???

Apologies for the double post but I only just saw this. No, you wont be rolling around in agony. The whole process stings slightly and the area itself can be a bit tender to touch but it clears up pretty quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Banana skin on the wart works as well as any OTC medicine. Cut a piece that completely covers the wart and tape it in place at night. After about 5 days it just falls off. I've used this to remove both veruccas from my son's foot and a wart on his index finger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Ive been trying the Scholl freeze one for a while and the only results i see is it leaving a blister..which is normal it says but then the blister goes away but wart is still there..i have heard the banana thing works actually altho i hate the smell..but then again manky smell that can wash off or manky wart.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I had one before. I went to the doctor and got it frozen off, it's the best way. It's a bit sore and tender but it's ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Pythia wrote: »
    I had one before. I went to the doctor and got it frozen off, it's the best way. It's a bit sore and tender but it's ok.
    how much roughly does that cost pythia?

i've used salactonol (sp.) before and does the job but takes about two weeks.

much rather pay more and just get the whole thing over and done with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

It didnt work for me either until I maxed it up. Used it repeatedly. Was pretty sore and it killed a bit of the skin around the wart but it worked.
    Ive been trying the Scholl freeze one for a while and the only results i see is it leaving a blister..which is normal it says but then the blister goes away but wart is still there..i have heard the banana thing works actually altho i hate the smell..but then again manky smell that can wash off or manky wart.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

lubie76 wrote: »
    Cover the wart in a piece of silver duct tape for a week. At the end of the week soak it in warm water and use a file on it to remove the top layer. Cover again with duct tape and repeat until it disappears. Studies have found this to be more effective than any over the counter product and even cryptotherapy (freezing). The ingredients of the tape seem to have some effect on shedding the surface of the wart and gradually wearing it away.
    +1 for the Duck Tape, it worked wonders for me when freezing failed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

I used Wartner and worked a treat - I upped to dosage and it did sting but it worked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gmbnd

Cremo wrote: »
    how much roughly does that cost pythia?

i've used salactonol (sp.) before and does the job but takes about two weeks.

much rather pay more and just get the whole thing over and done with.

If you're a member of VHI you can make an appointment in one of their Swiftcare Clinics and cryotherapy is free (i.e. covered under your policy). You don't have to hand over a penny - just sign the form on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

my granny cut up a raw potatoe and rubbed it on mine - she said some religious stuff and made me throw the potatoe over my shoulder down to the back of her garden too - but it worked and they havent come back :D.. i used to have a load of them like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I've heard about that one top (the potatoe)

Grannys know everything!!

Another "cure" is if you get your granny to rub her gold wedding ring over the wart and it will fall off within a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

That Scholl Freeze Verruca and Wart is better than Wartner and the best home remedy thing.

Ya just blast the fkker until it stings like hell and it's hugely white in all the surrounding area.

Don't waste your time being a pussy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 m o riordan

Heya, I have a wart on my small finger on the nail bed ? tried everything and it wont work doctor wont freeze it off cos it will damage nail bed :( could someone help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GreenAngel2012

What about a wart on the face? Any ideas? Sooo embarrassing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Sashiee

i went to the doctor about mine.
    he stuck a huge needle in it to numb myhand and then decided to hack itoff my hand. left with an awful scar on my knuckle...definatly try the freezing products!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement