Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old UK Annuals

Options
  • 22-05-2008 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I starting collecting these (mostly IPC/Fleetway) around 4-5 years ago and now I have a little more disposable income I want to fill in the gaps in my collection. I used eBay pretty much exclusively, but the postage costs are huge (£4.50STG for most) and while I have a contact in the UK I can send things to, I don't want to abuse it too much.

Apart from trawling through second hand bookshops, is there any avenue for buying old UK annuals (pre 1980) that just hasn't occurred to me that could prove a lot less expensive than eBay? eBay.ie has some, but most appear to be UK based but shipping to Ireland, so same deal really.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭alnolan

The comic shop in the Blackrock Market has a rake of old Fleetway/IPC annuals -- if you're near Dublin, you could check out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Uncle Spunk

Crow Corner Comics is the place to go, he has some absolute gems in there and knows where to get the goodies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭alnolan

Good man, Spunko. I always forget about Crow Corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Crow Corner Comics is the place to go, he has some absolute gems in there and knows where to get the goodies

Wherezat?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

corblimey wrote: »
    Wherezat?

purple blob

• Advertisement
Advertisement