Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entering 'FREE' Comp

Options
  • 22-05-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi just clicked on an ad to enter a comp for tickets to a concert over the summer (don't know if I can put the name of the site up, will do if I'm allowed, its based in Blackrock....)....the landing page had the official festival symbol, and you just had to answer a simple question...enter phone number...so I looked down the page in tiny writing enter free initially.............then start receiving text at the cost of €2:eek:!!!

Needless to say I declined entering my info, but I just want to warn people about giving out there details, the stories I've heard of people being bombarrded with such texts and their credit and bills going haywire...........additionally,there is a possibility that your details could be passed on to third parties......keep your data safe people!!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

pebblesjm wrote: »
    Hi just clicked on an ad to enter a comp for tickets to a concert over the summer (don't know if I can put the name of the site up, will do if I'm allowed, its based in Blackrock....)....the landing page had the official festival symbol, and you just had to answer a simple question...enter phone number...so I looked down the page in tiny writing enter free initially.............then start receiving text at the cost of €2:eek:!!!

Needless to say I declined entering my info, but I just want to warn people about giving out there details, the stories I've heard of people being bombarrded with such texts and their credit and bills going haywire...........additionally,there is a possibility that your details could be passed on to third parties......keep your data safe people!!

Sadly this is nothing new to those of us who frequent the phone forum.

Don't give out your mobile unless it is to a reputable company and always check the small print.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

pebblesjm wrote: »

Oh yeah, SP Vocom or something their called.

Anyways, you get nothing for nothing in this life :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the old reliable: 'if it seems to good to be true then it probably is'

Advertisement