Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What about other views of Lisbon (Outside Europe)

Options
  • 22-05-2008 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Here is an interesting article about the treaty. It could give some insight where we go from here. A bit long I am afraid but worth the read.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Europe/bg2109.cfm

It is an American point of view from one of their "think tanks".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Seems a tad bit biased!!! But I suppose it has some substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

I'm now officially boggled. The author is one Sally MacNamara, who is:

Senior Policy Analyst in European Affairs,
    Margaret Thatcher Center For Freedom

The Margaret. Thatcher. Center. For. Freedom. Strange things are done to the English language over there...

boggled,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭karen3212

Does elite mean educated in the US? And is Bertie included as an EU elite?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Hmm think tank........ Alot of the quotes in the article came from the Sun, Daily mail and all those other wonderful 'news' papers.

forgive me if i'm a bit sceptical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭partholon

anyone got any other sources outside the EU where we can find out what they think of it? doesnt have to be US , could be asian etc

its just considering how nobbled our media are when something controversial happens i usually check what the german/french/US think about it. case in point bertie ahern being ran out of office on the back of a tax scandal. it wasnt reported here but the rest of the world ran with it. seeing as ALL of europe is involved in this one and the US has a fair interest in it too i dont trust any of em to give us an impartial view this time around.

any links?

• Advertisement
Advertisement