Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

people swimming for it in cops n' crooks

• 22-05-2008 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

Right, don't know if any of you guys have seen this, but it's been happening to be more and more frequently and its starting to ruin the game.

Essentially the during the game the crooks team or their boss jump into the water and simply swim out of gunshot range and slowly make their way to the escape vehicle or simply wait for someone else on the team to make it to the vehicle and come pick them up. It totally ruins the game and turns it from a mad cap chase for the cops to a desperate scramble to find a boat to go after the crooks with.

I'm hoping rockstar cops onto this and adds a patch to make you drown after a set amount of time in the water.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭wierdal

havent seen much of it but the boats are becoming popular havent played much online though
    Cops and Crooks is too fast for a good game anyway longest i had was about 5 min so isnt exactly my favorite game type

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Its all about GTA Race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Ive Seen it happen too, (on one of the few times i didnt get disconnected), it sucked.
    I was crooks first and after 2 mins was wondering where my team were. Balls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

pljudge321 wrote: »
    I'm hoping rockstar cops onto this and adds a patch to make you drown after a set amount of time in the water.

+1

i have been lucky enough to never have this happen to me but if it did i would certainly be of the same opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Haha I done this the first time I played it.

If the cops get on a bridge over you, you're ****ed though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

what i like to do is get the cops to jump into the water after me while swimming across a river.

they never seem to realise that because im ahead of them i will reach the bank first and then BLAMMO :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

miju wrote: »
    what i like to do is get the cops to jump into the water after me while swimming across a river.

they never seem to realise that because im ahead of them i will reach the bank first and then BLAMMO :)
    LoL. I cannot believe that some peeps are that stupid. As a crook it makes little sense to swim out. Any good cop team will control at least one helo (the blades are quite deadly to a swimmer) and one boat. Says something for the quality of players out there:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

jcoote wrote: »
    +1

i have been lucky enough to never have this happen to me but if it did i would certainly be of the same opinion

I know a fella on another message board that works for Rockstar I'll point him to this thread and see what he says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

pljudge321 wrote: »

You do if your in it long enough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I know a fella on another message board that works for Rockstar I'll point him to this thread and see what he says.

any chance you could ask him whats the bloody story with the elt sleeping rockstars lie achievement :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

heggie wrote: »
    You do if your in it long enough

Ye but it takes a tad bit long.i admit i do it myself the odd time.But if decide to follow me when your a cop and realise im swimming to land like the other guy said you deserve to be killed lol..but i admit it does run the game...its though for us poor crooks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Played it online for the first time yesterday and that was the very first thing that happened. As a whole the multiplayer is very poorly implemented, probably the worse I've come across in fact. Don't get me wrong, when you have a group of friends together it's a laugh but when you go playing Cops and Crooks it all falls apart which is a shame as it had so much potential. In almost every game people either go for a swim or when you're the crooks the cops go straight for the get away vehicle instead of you. Where's the fun in that ? The best games I had where those where the 2 opposing groups played as it was intended, i.e. crooks made a decent plan of getting to the getaway vehicle and the cops came for them and the crooks held them off 'Heat' style while their leader tried getting away.

Advertisement