Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Locating a tailgate wiper fault

Options
  • 22-05-2008 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

the tailgate wiper in my 2003 Ford Fiesta has not been working for a while.. and i'm currently trying to find the fault.. I checked the GEM inputs and outputs in service mode and they seem ok. I dont think its a circuitry fault since i tested the inputs to the motor and its receiving power and the control signal seems ok.

The control signal to the motor is ramping up to 12V and drops quickly to 0V every 5 seconds or so.. is this the typical signal that the motor should receive?

are there any other things I could check before assuming that its the actual motor thats at fault? When i switch the wiper on, i can hear no movement from the motor itself.

Also does anyone know what such a motor would cost?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Check if its seized to the spindle.
    If you do need a new motor you'll probably get one handy enough from a breakers yard, cheap enough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

EDIT - ignore me, misread 2003 for 2001:o

Advertisement