Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gundam Wing

Options
  • 22-05-2008 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭

Just wondering who out there likes this show. Personally, i loved it, but i hear that other Gundam fans hate it for changing the animation style (havent seen any others myself):confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

It's been years since I've seen Gundam Wing, but back when I watched it, I loved it.

Did Gundam Wing changed the animation style? Looks fairly similar to every other Gundam I've ever seen, except higher quality than whats older than it and lower quality than whats newer than it.

I've talked to Gundam fans about Gundam Wing before, and from what I can tell, people tend to see it as inferior to any Gundam set in U.C.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam#Calendar_system

Gundam OO in many ways reminds me a lot of Gundam Wing. I find the premise similar, 4 highly advanced Gundams appear as if from nowhere and set about ridding the world of war by means of the systematic destruction of all military forces.

There are only 25 episodes presently, with a second season of 25 in production to wrap it all up. I encourage you to check it out if you liked Wing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Gundam Seed is an abomination to the series. IMAO.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

beez are releasing a box set for it soon has never been out on region 2 dvd only 1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

owlwink wrote: »
    Gundam Seed is an abomination to the series. IMAO.:D
    No, no.
    Gundam Seed was just a retread of previous Gundam series' ideas, with massive plot cop-outs (like not killing Jesus Yamato), looped animation and increasingly ridiculous characters & scenarios (in the bad way).

Seed DESTINY is an train-wreck of epic proportions.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    No, no.
    Gundam Seed was just a retread of previous Gundam series' ideas, with massive plot cop-outs (like not killing Jesus Yamato), looped animation and increasingly ridiculous characters & scenarios (in the bad way).

Seed DESTINY is an train-wreck of epic proportions.

We should probably just agree that both are terrible then.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,355 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im a big Gundam fan, but I've never watched the Universal Century stuff with the exception of the 08th MS team (which was great). Gundam Wing was my first entry into the series so naturally its just become a classic. I found the plot a bit harder to follow than most but it was still just good stuff. God of Death for the win.

Actually a few years before I saw the show itself, Wing Gundam was in a Sega article I was reading and that sorta jumpstarted my drawing habit.

'Gundam SEED now. Started off like oh this is a revamp of the first series. interesting. Then it just quickly degraded into recycled clips and really bad Flash animation still-frame-dragging-across-the-screen. In fact its summed up by Kira in one of the first space battles: you just see a still photo of him inside his cockpit, spinning through 1080 degrees shouting THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

But yeah I watched it :D

Like Gundam 00 though. Cant say anything bad about that myself. The actual parallels to Wing are few but they are enough to remind you of why you started watching this cartoon in the first place :)

Overheal wrote: »
    Im a big Gundam fan, but I've never watched the Universal Century stuff with the exception of the 08th MS team (which was great). Gundam Wing was my first entry into the series so naturally its just become a classic. I found the plot a bit harder to follow than most but it was still just good stuff. God of Death for the win.

Actually a few years before I saw the show itself, Wing Gundam was in a Sega article I was reading and that sorta jumpstarted my drawing habit.

'Gundam SEED now. Started off like oh this is a revamp of the first series. interesting. Then it just quickly degraded into recycled clips and really bad Flash animation still-frame-dragging-across-the-screen. In fact its summed up by Kira in one of the first space battles: you just see a still photo of him inside his cockpit, spinning through 1080 degrees shouting THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

But yeah I watched it :D

Like Gundam 00 though. Cant say anything bad about that myself. The actual parallels to Wing are few but they are enough to remind you of why you started watching this cartoon in the first place :)

I started with Gundam Wing too. I think that from that you are always going to be somewhat critical of the other strains. Alas, naturally you will still watch them because you are caught in their web :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭La0Fruitcake

Loved gundam wing!!!! havent seen it on tv in years....so re watched the eposides on youtube...!:D
    good auld relieble youtube!:rolleyes:

ah but the quality there is crap. once i did a torrent and got all the episodes in DVD quality, there was no turning back for me.

Overheal wrote: »
    ah but the quality there is crap. once i did a torrent and got all the episodes in DVD quality, there was no turning back for me.

That sounds like my next point of interest:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

beez are going to release gundam wing on dvd soon first time it be on region 2

you have a computer right: just play it with VLC player; it reads all regions. Best piece of software evar

Advertisement