Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SGS Online test booking

• 22-05-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭

Just noticed today that SGS have a new bit on their website allowing you to book and arrange your test with them.

You need to have the candidate number that they send you out, along with your surname. Once you do that you can book yourself in and away you go!

Good Luck

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

do you have to be previously contacted by sgs to do this or can you arrange one with them once you are contacted by rsa?email confirmation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mrs munch 2000

http://www.drivertesting.ie/

You would have to have received an initial letter from them, with your candidate number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Nools

i think thats really good, i have an sgs on thrus and i think they way they contact you first is brill, like they send you a letter saying its ur test time call us to arrange a date and time

so when i rang the woman asked me well how's this date and time? so there was none of this canceling lark b/c you got a date that didnt suit! rsa should follow suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Any been able to book online, I just keeping getting a server error?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

rearranged my test dismorning online, failed in drogheda last time got an test date for navan today, changed to drogheda but earliest apointments in both was end of july.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Maybe just a temporary error, but have tried in the last two days, either that or it is not Firefox and Safari compatible....anyway, sent them an e-mail like I did last time....also failed in swords for someone walking out in front of me...I was told the pedestrian has right of way....yeah I know that is why is stopped, very annoying...anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Easy Rider wrote: »
    Any been able to book online, I just keeping getting a server error?
    This is continuously happening me. Such a cheap looking website that it's not surprising that it doesn't even work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭TheElf

The online booking is great, I got my letter the other day with a test date for August 25th, but when I went to confirm it I managed to change the date to July 18th!, Next friday, pretty happy with that. Must of been a cancellation or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Hi, I booked a test online today for my Mrs and chose Raheny as thats the closest.

None of the SGS centres are listed on the site. Can she ring up RSA to get her details passed onto SGS? If so, will this lessen the waiting time? Or is it just a case of waiting to get a letter from either RSA or SGS with a date of the test when its her turn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Hi, I booked a test online today for my Mrs and chose Raheny as thats the closest.

None of the SGS centres are listed on the site. Can she ring up RSA to get her details passed onto SGS? If so, will this lessen the waiting time? Or is it just a case of waiting to get a letter from either RSA or SGS with a date of the test when its her turn?
    One cannot book directly with SGS. They are allocated a portion of the RSA applications. If a candidate is selected to be tested by SGS, they can then alter their date if desired via that website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Is their booking system down? Haven't been able to access it for the past week as when I input my details (got Candidate ID from them through the post) it brings me to a database error :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

Has anyone managed to book online with SGS lately?I'm trying to book and the website is down at the moment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

filo87 wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to book online with SGS lately?I'm trying to book and the website is down at the moment.

I did a few weeks ago, website broke so rang them and booked it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I tried on-line recently but kept on receiving server error ... I sent an e-mail then and received a date within 30mins (bringing my waiting-time up to 11weeks)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I tried on-line recently but kept on receiving server error ... I sent an e-mail then and received a date within 30mins (bringing my waiting-time up to 11weeks)

Same, got runtime errors. Rang them and got 17th Sept - a day shy of 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Got the same errors last week. A quick email and you get your test date the following day.

Advertisement