Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair Ban by Wishbone Ash

Options
  • 22-05-2008 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Hello there, I just spotted this help desk thing in the feedback forum so I thought I would bring this to your attention.

First of all here's the thread in question which got me banned http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...5276126&page=4

The first thing I did was reply to the mod's pm about the ban, which i feel is very very harsh. Add to that the very inappropriate tone of the pm which il be happy to send on if you need to see it. I attached a read receipt to my response and it has at least been opened but received no reply.

On the mod's instruction that if i had a problem with the ban, i should bring it to feedback, which i did and i got 100% response rate that the ban was indeed harsh. So last night I pm'd the mod again asking him to lift the ban, but he didnt. As others have commented, they spotted him in the feedback forum, so he had to have noticed the thread with his name in it and as of yet not decided to respond there, or to my pm's.

I hope you can help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I would suggest allowing the mod a reasonable opportunity to comment before starting both help desk and feedback threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Vexorg wrote: »
    I would suggest allowing the mod a reasonable opportunity to comment before starting both help desk and feedback threads.

I think i have already done that. If you read the feedback thread people have spotted him in the feedback forum, he's def gotten my pm message too. If he was going to reinstate me he would have done it by now no? Seen as not person has stated that it was a justified ban!

I was told by the mod himself to "take it to feedback" and then other more experienced posters said i should bring it here, particulary as he's aware of my greivance. Only actin on advice iv been given.

I dont think you have given enough time to allow the mod to respond or to assume he is not going to make a response because someone says they saw him.

What is the big rush? All we know for sure is he has not logged in since 11 last night, this is not a paid position and to be honest the mod has given an enormous amount of his own free time and energy to the forum. I for one would have a little more patience.
    givyjoe81 wrote: »
    I think i have already done that. If you read the feedback thread people have spotted him in the feedback forum, he's def gotten my pm message too. If he was going to reinstate me he would have done it by now no? Seen as not person has stated that it was a justified ban!

I was told by the mod himself to "take it to feedback" and then other more experienced posters said i should bring it here, particulary as he's aware of my greivance. Only actin on advice iv been given.

And all resolved now.

Advertisement