Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Poo

Options
  • 22-05-2008 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

:(:(:mad:Just like to say that traffic is poo, my clutch foot is hurting

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Redpunto wrote: »
    Thats terrible. I feel for you, I just got cut up by a guy in a merc. Yes indeedy. Traffic is poo.

Oh, and buy an automatic. :)

Or use your handbreak like your supposed to and stop burning your clutch.
    If someone rearends you'll smack into the person infront and double the hassle.

And how are the pair of you posting from your cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Oryx wrote: »
    Oh, and buy an automatic. :)

Agreed, I recommend an Uzi.

Cut me up at the lights, will ya....

Moonbaby wrote: »
    If someone rearends you'll smack into the person infront and double the hassle.

And how are the pair of you posting from your cars.
    Astra(l) travel.

I'm not a nerd. Speak english. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

If someone rearends you'll smack into the person infront and double the hassle.QUOTE]

Awh thanks, I was wondering what i was doing wrong all these years :p

I'm not a nerd. Speak english. ;)
    That wasnt nerdspeak. That was woo-woo speak. :)

This thread was not what I expected when I clicked on the title, I thought we were about to uncover ways to take a poo in traffic without being noticed, I want my money back

Actually funny I found this, I had to abandon my car in Blackrock this morning and get a DART. 15 mins outside Frascati and didnt move one inch. Nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

You gots to take your foot off the clutch when you arent moving. You are going to fucketh up your pedal bracket. Replacing one of those will hurt more than your left foot lil lady.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I had the most horrid day yesterday trying to navigate myself around by using public transport. I got a fine from the dart and also ended up in skerries in the rain and cold :(
    give me traffic anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Automatic cars FTW. I have a full manual licence but I still <3 the automatic car I'm driving, and I'd want to because it's a 4.5 litre V6 and it's nearly five metres long, so it's like driving a canal barge. (And it's 12 years old, and the electric windows won't go back up if you put them down in wet weather, and it starts with a drum roll every time, and generally it's a POS.)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Automatic cars FTW. I have a full manual licence but I still <3 the automatic car I'm driving, and I'd want to because it's a 4.5 litre V6 and it's nearly five metres long, so it's like driving a canal barge. (And it's 12 years old, and the electric windows won't go back up if you put them down in wet weather, and it starts with a drum roll every time, and generally it's a POS.)
    So it's about 15/16 foot long? :eek:
    What do you drive???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

A Ford Falcon Futura. Vroom vroom, beep beep. Chug. Splutter. Cough.

...aaaaaaand, fail.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You know what women are ike judging distance in their cars. It's probably a micra. A 2.5 litre micra but still......:D Oh I'll be roasted for that.

I do think auto is the way to go in towns and cities. Even long journeys one rarely changes out of 5th. Petrol consumption is an issue though. I'm somewhat of a luddite in that I prefer the action of changing gear. My idea of purgatory is a winding backroad and an automatic gearbox. Basically a boy racer who should be old enough to know better.:o:D

As for your clutch foot hurting, get more comfortable shoes as few cars, outside of high performance yokes have too heavy a clutch(even there they usually don't). A lot of the time your seating position may be the issue. Slight rant alert. A lot of women drivers I know have their seat position utterly arseways when compared to the men I know. They usually sit way too close to the steering wheel for a start. I even know two that have their seatback forward of vertical if you know what i mean. Boggles the mind. Now women tend to be shorter than guys and a lot of cars are not built with that in mind, but still, even the shortarse guys I know have the seat well setup. Those that drive in high heels should be... well just no.

This isn't the usual women drivers guff. The women I know are all good and safe drivers. One in particular is a very talented driver at any speed. It's just a thing I've noted with seating position.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Redpunto wrote: »

I hear you! I can't believe there are so few automatic cars available here! My left leg is getting longer than my right!!!

Wibbs, I have the oven on 180 degrees, care to step inside :p:(

ozchick wrote: »
    I hear you! I can't believe there are so few automatic cars available here! My left leg is getting longer than my right!!!

Wibbs, I have the oven on 180 degrees, care to step inside :p:(

Automatic?! Surely you prefer to DRIVE your car, no?!!! :p

Wibbs is already in the oven....theres no such thing as a 2.5 litre Micra!!

Wibbs wrote: »
    You know what women are ike judging distance in their cars. It's probably a micra. A 2.5 litre micra but still......:D Oh I'll be roasted for that.
    Oh, I always thought men had the greater difficulty with distances, considering they think this: >
    < is 6 inches.;)

On the seat adjustment thing, I notice with new drivers they tend to sit a bit more upright or lean forwards, than an experienced driver, and in that position they need the seat closer, the angle of the body means the legs are further back, if you get me? (Try it and youll see. :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah I guess the seat distance from wheel and angle is a confidence thing. Also a racial thing.

black guys drive a car like this.Do, do, ch. Do-be-do, do-be-do-be-do.
    Yeah, but white guys, see, they drive a car like this.Dee-da-dee, a-dee-da-dee-da-dee-da-dee.

WindSock wrote: »
    Yeah I guess the seat distance from wheel and angle is a confidence thing. Also a racial thing. Yo, check this out: black guys drive a car like this.Do, do, ch. Do-be-do, do-be-do-be-do.
    Yeah, but white guys, see, they drive a car like this.Dee-da-dee, a-dee-da-dee-da-dee-da-dee.

I like to Pimp My Ride. I have the seat reclined so that Im nearly in the bac seat, though Im very tall so its from a convenience point of view rather than anything else, bloody long legs!!:cool:

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    Oh, I always thought men had the greater difficulty with distances, considering they think this: >
    < is 6 inches.;)
    Sometimes though,

>
    <

can become >
    <

pretty quickly with the right amount of tuition and encouragement!! :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sometimes though,

>
    <

can become >
    <

pretty quickly with the right amount of tuition and encouragement!!
    Ah bless.:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

ehhhhh, follow the thread and join the oul dots.... egg on your face or wha? :)
    Oryx wrote:
    < is 6 inches.
    Maybe but I reckon it's cos men tell them that's what 6 inches looks like and since women are crap at judging measurements......:D
    On the seat adjustment thing, I notice with new drivers they tend to sit a bit more upright or lean forwards, than an experienced driver, and in that position they need the seat closer, the angle of the body means the legs are further back, if you get me? (Try it and youll see. )
    I got you and I know men who drove like that at the start(less mind), but there are quite a few women I know who drive like that or in really godawful awkward positions long after the ink on their full licence has dried.

Actually this very afternoon and mindful of this post I asked just such a woman of my aquaintance why she does this and she said she can better tell where the corners of the car are sitting that high up. Maybe that's it. Also she said it was easier to turn the steering wheel. God knows why as it's massively over assisted anyway.

As I wrote most of the women I know are better and certainly more careful drivers than the men in general. They tend to drive slower for a start. The one thing I have noticed is that in general women get used to their particular car and if you put them in a different car they adapt to the new car more slowly than men. Again in general as I know one guy who damn near needs flags at each corner and still his car looks like it's been scraped off walls on each corner. This guy has hit his own garden gatepost twice(oh yea and he complains about women drivers.:rolleyes:). Maybe it's that spearchucker distance accuracy gene in men that helps there.

Wibbs wrote: »
    ehhhhh, follow the thread and join the oul dots.... egg on your face or wha? :)

Oh I got it, was very clever, hows that workin out for ya?! I was pointing out to the girl that quoted ya............

Wibbs wrote:
    Ah bless :D

Well someone had to tell her, for all we know she isnt aware of that intricate working of an elastic band!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,475 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ladies, ladies, ladies....

You ARE The traffic.

I do agree with the uzi idea. though. Especialyl considering I don't drive. But by God this city could do with a bit of genetic clensing

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I like gears they're pretty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Automatic?! Surely you prefer to DRIVE your car, no?!!! :p

Yeah I do, but we are talking about Dublin traffic!! Got a Subaru back home and choose gears, I do prefer them and we can get up to decent speeds there:D

I just stuck a skewer in Wibbs and he's overcooked!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Here's the really important question regarding this topic:
    Does a lady who insists on driving all the time, in spite of the traffic meaning she'd be faster walking, still have the right to expect a sugarcoated/false (but in a good way) answer when she asks "does my bum look big in this?"?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

A Ford Falcon Futura. Vroom vroom, beep beep. Chug. Splutter. Cough.

...aaaaaaand, fail.

They do love they're big cars down this side of the world. The one we bought is a big people carrier thing. There were no small cars for sale! My OH's friends have taken to calling us mum and dad when we collect them and I open the sliding van door thing to let them in the back!

MAJD - the electric window thing happened withour car too. The garage sprayed some kind of silicone stuff on in and now it's right as rain!

I drove in to Wellington city centre this morning for a 9am interview. It took just under 15 minutes, and that was in the rush hour. Traffic is something I definitely don't miss about Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

What bother's me is, I reckon every kid in Ireland must be driven to school now. What happened to walking?

Also, you look around when your on the M50 and there's one person in every car..

Advertisement