Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Poo

Options
2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

What bother's me is, I reckon every kid in Ireland must be driven to school now. What happened to walking?
    Ah, you townie.:) In my case my kids are driven cos its a four mile walk and there's no bus. Id love them to cycle when theyre older, but I doubt they will, its a dangerous route.
    Also, you look around when your on the M50 and there's one person in every car..
    Agree thats simply daft, but what can you do? Chances of your neighbour working where you do are slim. More buses/luas or park and ride seem to be the only workable answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

What bother's me is, I reckon every kid in Ireland must be driven to school now. What happened to walking?

Also, you look around when your on the M50 and there's one person in every car..

yeh i notice that. kids all get driven everywhere.

one person in each cars isnt surpising, the government could also car pooling for the use of bus lanes, they dont want tho, they just want people to use the oh so great public transport system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Oryx wrote: »
    Agree thats simply daft, but what can you do? Chances of your neighbour working where you do are slim. More buses/luas or park and ride seem to be the only workable answers.

Unfortunately because of traffic these are not reliable enough for people to be willing to use, and because people won't use them they get held up by all the traffic and aren't reliable.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I hate automatic cars or worse the ones which tell you when to change gear.

A lot of people just don't know how to adjust their car seats to the optimum setting for themselves.

But at least gone are the days where seats were not as adjustable and women needed to have cushions to sit on to drive, or at least my mother and aunts did.
    If you are getting clutch cramp the look at the shoes you are wearing and see about moving your chair back so that your ankles does most of the work and not your knee.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What Thaedydal said re seats. An ex of mine used to complain of clutch footitus and on a journey across the country through rush hour traffic in towns and I got her to drive my car at the time, which had a very heavy clutch compared to her own car. I set the seat for her and lo and behold she had no clutch foot problem.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Speaking of seats, what was the reason behind those bead cover thingys people used to have in their cars? I know they were meant to be comfortable, but I sat on one once and I thought it was like sitting on a pebble beach. You never see them anymore, so is that because they were a 70,s and 80's fad or are seats more comfy or were they just useless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Oryx wrote: »
    Speaking of seats, what was the reason behind those bead cover thingys people used to have in their cars?

Think my Dad has one on his seat :/ Dont find them comfortable at all, so purpose I dont know.

They are uncomfortable enough to make you not fall asleep at the wheel though. Cant see it catching on for that reason either.

Re: traffic poo, that was a shocking day for it today :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I drive in a completely upright position with the seat pushed right into the dashboard. I cant drive any other way? I cant see over the wheel otherwise!

OH drives lying down practically. I'm only 5ft 2 so when i get into his car to drive it I am literally lying down.

He goes crazy when i adjust the seat :confused:

Advertisement