Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vehicle registration office

Options
  • 22-05-2008 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how long it is currently taking the nice people in Shannon to process a change of ownership. The vehicle reg cert was posted to them 7 weeks ago and still no news. It is impossible to get through by phone and you cannot email them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

jos28 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it is currently taking the nice people in Shannon to process a change of ownership. The vehicle reg cert was posted to them 7 weeks ago and still no news. It is impossible to get through by phone and you cannot email them.

It shouldn't take 7 weeks, usually takes about 2 weeks, maybe a month if they are snowed under. Considering the current situation in the car market they should not be too busy.

Are you sure the last owner or the garage actually sent it off to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

He has proof of postage, I reckon it may have got lost somewhere. The problem is trying to get through to them to find out. They are only answering phone calls for 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon, due to the volume of work apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭bf

It is currently taking about 6 weeks based on my own experience, I know someone eho has been waiting 8 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭conor_mc

I did a change of address recently when I taxed the wife's car at the motor tax office in Clondalkin - new VLC was out to us in about 10 days, but that may be because the new address was put on the system there and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nr23

Did you ever get the registration cert back and if you did how long did it take in the end?

• Advertisement
Advertisement