Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children dance classes Cork

Options
  • 22-05-2008 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am looking to start my 3 year old in a ballet class. Any one know when and where classes are starting in cork city or east cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Marissa Fragolini had ballet classes for kids in Midleton. Not too sure what the name of the building is but it's across from the church on Church Lane.

Miss Gibson also had classes in the community centre in Midleton for years but I think she's no longer giving classes in the town any more.

If you're willing to head out of East Cork, I used to go to Cork Dance Academy. Carolyn Power, the artistic director, trained at Royal Ballet School and I also used to help out with the kids. She's now located on Pope's Quay. Really good ballet teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

Hi, I'm looking for your assistance... I'm looking for a hip-hop (or any kind of dance) class for my 6 year old daughter in Cork City on Saturday mornings? cheers Don

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Jokermuffin

Angelina Ballerina Dance Academy is by a long shot the best Nationally for under 6 yrs ballet. You would have to do a bit of research then after that age in your own local area. Donna's Dance Studio in Cork for other styles and you could ask there about other areas. Their number is 0214963173.

Here is the link for the little ones ballet just go through it yourself www.angelinaballerinadanceacademy.com

Hip Hop definatly Donna's, except they don't do freestyling if that's what you were looking for. You would have to call to ask about the timetable.

Where ever you go you should make sure that they have good teachers that actually know what they are doing. Dancing is unfortunatly unchartered in Ireland. Even people with all the bits of paper usually dont have a notion of what they are doing and its pretty easy to get injuries or start going down the wrong road. Do a bit of research before you put your child anywhere.

Advertisement