Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AIB Laser card - work in Russia?

• 22-05-2008 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Will an AIB Laser Card work in Russia (for ATM transactions) ?

I can ring the bank tomorrow but want an answer now :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

random wrote: »
    Will an AIB Laser Card work in Russia (for ATM transactions) ?

I can ring the bank tomorrow but want an answer now :D

I have a BOI one and it worked both in shops and ATMs in Moscow. I'd assume AIB would be the same...

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Once it has the Cirrus & Maestro symbol on the reverse, you should be fine, you'll be able to use it in shops that accept Maestro, and in any ATM that has the Cirrus symbol on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ow2h7nft1me9i4

Yes, your card should work in Russia.
    Aib laser cards have the maestro logo. so it will work in most ATM's and alot of shops.
    Aib cards also have the LINK logo on the back, which makes ATM acceptance even better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

This card has Link, Mastro and Laser logos. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Should be fine, though bring a back up such as a credit card and a bit of cash too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 irishdxradio

I can confirm the above works in Russia, also make sure you change all your currency before you leave Russia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I can confirm the above works in Russia, also make sure you change all your currency before you leave Russia!
    No good outside Russia? Even notes ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 irishdxradio

Get RID OF RUBBLES BEFORE YOU LEAVE RUSSIA. Nobody will take them in exchange for EURO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Spend the last of your roubles in the duty free shop.

Advertisement