Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art History

Options
  • 22-05-2008 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

for irish art history would i be o.k with just the Bronze age and Newgrange or should I stick in the high crosses just to safe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

Im just learning the bronze age and Newgrange but my teacher said learn the others to be safe.
    But Newgrange always comes up so I dont see the point!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'd say high crosses to be safe, but I haven't looked much at past papers to know too well...

I'll probably be doing Newgrange, High Crosses (maybe), Georgian Architecture, and Jack B. Yeats/some other modernish painters, for the Irish section. Hoping we get a question on Georgian Architecture, I've got a ridiculous amount of notes on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

by god high crosses better come up!! it's the only thing i've ever studied in art

what do people think is gonna come up for the european section?
    I'm clueless as to what to study

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

newgrange has come up every second year and its due to come up dis year.......as 4 europaen art im doin gothic and romanesque architecture,one early and late renaissance painter.........4 the last section im doin the visit to the art gallery question cos it cums up nearly every year as wel and we went to the national gallery so ive something prepared

ne other ideas? i'd appreciate them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dranahs89

My Mother is an ART TEACHER and she has predicted the following...
    IRISH ART :
    Newgrange,
    Bronze Age
    Coutrt Cairns
    Book of Durrow/Kells
    EUROPEAN ART:
    Giotto/cimabue
    Massaccio
    Van Eyck
    Durer
    Michelangelo
    and Gothic artitecture

SHE WILL BE RUNNING A 1 DAY REVISION COURSE IN JUNE ,THE DAY BEFORE THE EXAM... IT WILL RUN THE WHOLE DAY AND GREAT REVISION NOTES AND LAST MINUTE HINTS WILL BE GIVEN.. FOR MORE DETAILS,P.M. ME BACK,.HURRY,PLACES ARE FILLING UP FAST

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I'm so incredibly screwed for art history.
    We've done one essay all year (impressionism) which i never even got back :confused:
    It's gonna be a fun paper for me.

Advertisement