Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add block error

Options
  • 22-05-2008 9:03pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thread

Just browsing the above thread. When I went to browse away and select a link the add block symbol comes in the foreground and I cant select were I want to go because of it.

Just a small one

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

If you're talking about Firefox's adblock plugin, maybe try disabling it? I cannot replicate that particlar problem.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

CuLT wrote: »
    If you're talking about Firefox's adblock plugin, maybe try disabling it? I cannot replicate that particlar problem.

yeah using firefox.

It was the same problem that happened with the banner adds there a while ago. The banner add came in front and you could select the link

Not sure what you mean, can you take a screenshot?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

see were it says tcd? Each time you go to click on it the add block pops out in front of it

Oh right, ok that is probably to do with the way adblock is written. They would need to alter adblock to set w-mode to transparency possibly, can't fix it from this side unfortunately (without stopping using javascript for the menus, which, while on the cards, won't be starting development for some time yet).

• Advertisement

Just thought I'd make you aware of it. Just happens that if your viewing that thread and want to move away to the TCD forim there is an issue. Probably doesnt affect many people

Advertisement