Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

monday the test

Options
  • 22-05-2008 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

just a few questions..

when do they ask the rules questions is it at the start or at the end?
    same goes for under the bonnet stuff..

also they say in rules book make sure the doors are closed, how does this go for the passengers door do you ask instructor to check if its closed,

i getting so worked up and when i do i forget the basic things.. so am afriad ill just forgoet the rules of the road part as in the questions

cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

its been 6 years since i did it, but back then, they ask you the rules of the road before you go out.
    then you both go out to the car, thats where he/she checks the road worthyness of the car. and does the bonnet thing.
    Dont know what the closed doors thing is though.
    Good luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

On the day you go into the waiting room. Then you are called to an office and get asked questions on the rules of the road. After that, out to the car. Pop the bonnet, and they ask you whats what. You will then get into the car and they will check brake lights and indicators. He'll then get in and will ask about secondary controls, window demister etc.. and off you go for the driving part.

As far as the door query, just make sure your own door is closed, which goes without saying really. No need to ask the instructor if he has closed his. If, in the 1 in a million chance it isnt closed properly, the interior light will be on and you can tell him to close the door, either looking like a quick thinking genius, or a cheeky bastard - but seriously, dont worry about this at all

Good luck with the test

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

cool thanks i think id prefer to be in a room while been asked the questions least then after i walk slow to car and pysch myself up for the next part kinda clear the head.. am ok i think but reversing am grand most of time but sometimes when am doing it out 4 times ill hit the kerb but the other times ill do it fine, dont know why... just silly mistakes i hope leave e on the day

Advertisement