Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What The Hell Is Going On In Rathmines??

Options
  • 22-05-2008 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Does Anyone Have Any Idea What Is Going On Around The Rathmines Area At This Very Moment??

It Sounds Like A Concert, And As I Live In Rathmines It Certainly Isnt My Neighbours As I Have Been Outside And Sounds Like A Concert Nearby???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the boss in the rds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

When I lived in Rathmines I could clearly hear U2 in Croke Park on the night. Someone said it's something to do with the wind direction or something :confused:

It's a strange phenomenon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Can hear it here in Glasnevin. Very loud , sounds like the noise I can hear when there's a gig at nearby Croke Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Its Very Hard To Read Your Writing Op.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

the boss in the rds?

+1.

My alternate guess would be a party up in the army barracks - sometimes i think i can hear karaoke/wedding band music from there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liveline will talking about this, sounds like half Dublin could hear it.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

ya you could faintly hear it on the six-one news yesterday in the background:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

cuckoo wrote: »
    +1.

My alternate guess would be a party up in the army barracks - sometimes i think i can hear karaoke/wedding band music from there.

They do weddings in the Barracks?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Didn't hear anything last night.

Headphones ftw!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

This is a long lasting thread without a lock considering it probably involves...you know who.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Can hear it here in Glasnevin. Very loud , sounds like the noise I can hear when there's a gig at nearby Croke Park.

I'm beside Croke Park
    Last night there was a open air rave mass in the Archbishops Palace.
    So I could hear all the religious songs and the mass. There was plently of music anyway.

Maybe this was it?
    But there is no way that reached Rathmines where the OP is

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

the boss in the rds?

Seems to have been.
    The mist and low cloud cover seems to 'spread' the sounds around many parts of Dublin last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Could hear on Pembroke Road, just down from Baggot Street. I assume it was the same thing.

Sounded like a concert to me. Not from Croke Park though... that's a ways away.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

humberklog wrote: »
    This is a long lasting thread without a lock considering it probably involves...you know who.

Aiken Promotions are the promoters for Bruce Springsteen in the RDS.

I could hear him loud and clear last night. You'd be able to hear him in Rathmines no bother.

who..tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

shakin wrote: »
    who..tell?

Lord Voldemort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Same again tonight - defo the Springsteen concert as I can hear each word perfectly in Rathmines. It's a very strange trick of the weather/cloud/whatever.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

Its called total internal reflection
    Remember your science class :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Drumcondra here so maybe 4km or so away from the RDS
    And all I'm hearing is the bass thumping away. I'd almost be convinced it's my neighbours but I know it's the concert.

Nerd! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Bubbly

ITS BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN!!

Sorry thanks for all your replies!My God i may aswell be at the concert it is so so so so clear.
    Good all the same but heard loud and clearly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Bubbly

shakin wrote: »
    who..tell?

Im completely confused over what is going on here??
    Ok eh i suppose can comeone lock this thread please??

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

Bruce @ RDS.

Is that also why RTE have switched on the full set of Christmas lights on their mast in Montrose this evening ? I'm looking at them right now and it is definitely May.......

Total internal reflection is an optical phenomenon that occurs when a ray of light strikes a medium boundary at an angle larger than the critical angle with respect to the normal to the surface. If the refractive index is lower on the other side of the boundary no light can pass through, so effectively all of the light is reflected

it was physics to be precise!!!:D

Bubbly wrote: »
    Im completely confused over what is going on here??
    Ok eh i suppose can comeone lock this thread please??

ok thread closed

Advertisement