Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dewalt

Options
  • 22-05-2008 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

hi hows it goin.. hope someone can help me out..

my husband and i are on net all evening trying to find somewhere that ships dewalt saws to ireland from the US. He heard that they are way cheaper over there but i'm thinking by the time it gets sent over (if it even can be) it will be much of a muchness. He needs it to start a self build.

Does anyone have any idea if this is economical choice or any ideas???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 the chippie

hi
    toolking.com ship them over here , got drills ,saws, table saw,nail gun,routers and loads of dewalt tools etc (about 26 tools) shipped over last november and just talking to them about another order just two weeks ago , paid a 1/2 half the price they are here even with shipping and customs p.s buy some blades aswell as the bore hole for blades are smaller than what we use , the dw618 chopsaw with stand costs about 450 euro (900-1100 euro here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

thanks for that chippie, appreciate it.. i will get onto that site now.. thats the exact saw he lookin for too. :)

just tried to order, got through whole process and then the delivery charges are 240 euro YIKES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Lainey wrote: »
    thanks for that chippie, appreciate it.. i will get onto that site now.. thats the exact saw he lookin for too. :)

just tried to order, got through whole process and then the delivery charges are 240 euro YIKES

you will be charged VAT at the door when buying new tools from the states.
    the courier will ask for it before handing it over.
    Becarefull .

loads of british Ebay shops selling 110v tools for the same money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 the chippie

yes , but still works out a lot cheaper, charged on the value of the tools from the states i.e. was charge e190 for bring in dewalt table saw 3 dewalt nail guns that would have cost me here e2600 and cost me from the states e1400-e1500 with shipping and customs

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

Hmmm...

I'd say there are pros and cons to buying in the US...

It may be cheaper but you pay a lot for shipping and taxes... you can be held to ransom when the couriers charge you VAT, I have been robbed in the past, no one to complain to, couriers are unregulated in regard to this... if you don't pay the figure they have picked out of the air they will not let you have the goods.

Is your warranty with a company in the US?, not very convienient if so....

Most or all of the tools will be 110V with US style plugs. Scales may be imperial rather than metric.

I'd agree that Irish companies tend to be expensive, I'd buy from cheaper UK retailers like Axminster for example., great exchange rate at the moment too and items will be delivered in a few days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement