Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

literary review advice

Options
  • 22-05-2008 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am doing a HDIP in Business Systems Analysis by night, and now that the exams are over, it's time to focus on the project which is due in a couple of weeks.

Only problem is, I've to include a literary review on the computer system I'm doing the project on. As I have been working since I've finished school and college stuff (studying, assignments etc.) hasn't come easily to me, I have no idea what to do for the review part of the project.

I know that I have to read something that relates to the system but I don't know where I'm going to fiind a book about an Online Pension Calculator, which is the system I'm doing.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Has anyone done something like this before or have an idea how I might start?

Many thanks for any replies!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

miss deise wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am doing a HDIP in Business Systems Analysis by night, and now that the exams are over, it's time to focus on the project which is due in a couple of weeks.

Only problem is, I've to include a literary review on the computer system I'm doing the project on. As I have been working since I've finished school and college stuff (studying, assignments etc.) hasn't come easily to me, I have no idea what to do for the review part of the project.

I know that I have to read something that relates to the system but I don't know where I'm going to fiind a book about an Online Pension Calculator, which is the system I'm doing.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Has anyone done something like this before or have an idea how I might start?

Many thanks for any replies!! :)

First step - ask your project supervisor.

Generally, a literary review are books and reference sources for, in your case, an Online Pension Calculator. So, the questions you need to be asking include what is it? What do I need to get from and idea, to the actual creation of the system? Each step will involve something such as analysis, design, programming, testing, release. I can assure you, you will find books about each of these. You are not expected to read them from cover to cover, by you are expected to reference them as part of your write-up.

Advertisement