Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

42 Full HD for 799

• 22-05-2008 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭

ibood are selling the 42lf66 1080p HDTV for e799.

Pros: 24p playback, 1:1 pixel mapping, on-board Dolby Digital, extra-thin frame

Cons: Black-level issues, over-blown SD pictures

Price is pretty cool. Link:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Pretty tempted by this, moving into my own house soon and was thinking of getting a new TV to replace my 26" HD Ready...
    Too late to start researching now though, hopefully its not sold out in the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The contrast ratio seems pretty poor at 5000:1

But still a great price... almost makes me wish I didn't pay e1,100 for a 40" Samsung today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

to contrast ratio that manufacturers give is usually a load of crap, its on/off contrast and doesn't mean a thing

black level and contrast might be poor, lg is a good brand but every tv manufacturer seems to have a few lemons in their lineup, really need to read a good review or see the tv in person to get an idea what its like

it's full hd 42" for 799, which if a pretty amazing price compared to what you would have had to pay a year or two ago

should look very impressive with 1080p hd content from bluray or hddvd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Nice price, not high end but perfect for whats available now..

Its making way for Lg's new tech 50,000 contrast ratio, 5ms response, 1080p24 with 5:5 pulldown,10 bit processing, justscan, 100hz, 4 hdmi.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=349786&view=detailed#ProductTabs

I would get the ibood anyday over the new tech, nothing out besides blu ray to show it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

I'be checked the LG site
    http://uk.lge.com/products/model/detail/lcdtv_42lf66.jhtml#
    and was wondering whether this can be conected via a standard Scart to a standard DVD/Video player (and a standard NTL Analogue cable) ?
    It only mentions Scart out?

Any ideas?

1080P Source Input HDMI 60p/50p/24p Component 60p
    Side

AV In 1

S-Video In 1

HDMI In -

EPF Slot -

USB 2.0 -

G Link (IR Jack) -

Jack Pack Rear

RF In 1

AV In -

AV Out -

S-Video In -

Full Scart 1(TV out)

Half Scart 1(MNT/DTV Out)

Component in (Y,Pb,Pr) + Audio 1(480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p)- 1080p : 60p

Digital Audio Out (Coaxial/ Optical) 1(Optical)

Variable Audio Out (Amp 3W) -

HDMI/HDCP Input 2(480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p)- HDMI 1 Port PC Mode - 1080p : 24/30/50/60p

DVI Input -

IEEE 1394/DTCP -

RGB In (D-sub 15pin) - PC 1

PC Audio Input 1

LAN (For Modem) -

RS-232C (Control / SVC) 1(For Service & Control)

Remote Control In port -

Headphone In -

USB (SVC) -

Card Slot CI Slot (UK/SW/FN)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

yeah looks like it has two scarts from what you posted

scart is two way, out and in... they're just making the point the theres also certain type of output from the tv scart i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Good review here. In short: lacklustre blacks and vibrant colours (which reveal themselves as too vibrant). Overall it's a fairly negative review, noting that the reviewer feels that LG are starting to fall behind other manufacturers, while not being too negative mainly for price reasons.

Speaking of price, it seems better than offers elsewhere (pricerunner) although a most of those places won't ship to Ireland, and the ones that do will charge more than ibood's 12.50. Powercity have the 42LF65 for 899. Obviously ibood's 1399 figure flatters them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

I'm tempted, very tempted.

Was planning on getting a 32 inch samsung for around the same money, but a whole extra 10 inches!!! ... I think its worth it for the slight dip in quality, what ye think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I think its sold out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

That solves that problem then! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LmcB

I Have one of these left from a batch, I bought 6 of them for a Job and the client only went with 3 in the end, I will sell it for €790.00 Cash, if someone wants it they have to collect it from my office in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭EireEV

Is this a good TV

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=404503#ProductTabs

thinking of buying it but just wanted to get some feedback first.

Thanks.

EireEV

Advertisement