Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trees pulled down in Clane

Options
  • 22-05-2008 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

What kind on mindless gobshin pulled down 4 small trees on the relief road? If I had have caught them They would not be walking now! This kind of thing disgusts me, why dont they just go and beat the heads of each other and leave things alone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

stek wrote: »
    What kind on mindless gobshin pulled down 4 small trees on the relief road? If I had have caught them They would not be walking now! This kind of thing disgusts me, why dont they just go and beat the heads of each other and leave things alone!

Yeah disappointing, first sign of proper vandalism I've seen around that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Friends of mine in Clane are considering moving due to the recent influx of scum into the town.

Judging by some of the stories they have told me It really is turning into one of the dodgier spots in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

agree.little bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭millyj

thats ridiculous talk muletide.... i have been living in Clane for almost 3 years and its a beautiful village to live in. we dont have many problems in the village at all. yes its disgusting what people did to those trees but do you mean to tell me this doesnt happen in other towns and villages in Ireland?

millyj wrote: »
    thats ridiculous talk muletide.... i have been living in Clane for almost 3 years and its a beautiful village to live in. we dont have many problems in the village at all. yes its disgusting what people did to those trees but do you mean to tell me this doesnt happen in other towns and villages in Ireland?

How is it ridiculous ?,My friends want to leave Clane due to Anti social behaviour where they live are you telling me that they are lying ?

I am going off what I have been told and by the sounds of things the place is going down fast. They have given me at least ten examples of mindless vandalism/car theft/drug use/burglary/mugging

Dont shoot the messenger, sorry if it upsets you but I would not settle there from what I have heard.

• Advertisement

muletide wrote: »
    How is it ridiculous ?,My friends want to leave Clane due to Anti social behaviour where they live are you telling me that they are lying ?

I am going off what I have been told and by the sounds of things the place is going down fast. They have given me at least ten examples of mindless vandalism/car theft/drug use/burglary/mugging

Dont shoot the messenger, sorry if it upsets you but I would not settle there from what I have heard.

Dunno what part of Clane you're talking about. It seems you might know some pretty jumpy people, I've not seen an exrtraordinary escalation in crime, and I've lived there all my life.

It's a pity your friends want to leave, but I doubt they'll find the crime-free utopia they seem to demand anywhere close by, if Clane is bad enough to move out of.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Dunno what part of Clane you're talking about. It seems you might know some pretty jumpy people, I've not seen an exrtraordinary escalation in crime, and I've lived there all my life.

It's a pity your friends want to leave, but I doubt they'll find the crime-free utopia they seem to demand anywhere close by, if Clane is bad enough to move out of.

I wont name the estate they live to preserve their privacy in but as for jumpy ?? He is a Garda in Dublin centre,she teaches disadvantaged kids in Ronanstown - Trust me they are far from jumpy.

Sorry for upsetting people I can understand the anxiety when you have paid over the odds for a shoebox in a new town (not you gerrowadat) and then hear people raising the bad points of the town. I am going off what I have been told and it is merely my opinion that Clane is a much rougher place than it used to be.

I wont name the estate they live to preserve their privacy in but as for jumpy ?? He is a Garda in Dublin centre,she teaches disadvantaged kids in Ronanstown - Trust me they are far from jumpy.

Sorry for upsetting people I can understand the anxiety when you have paid over the odds for a shoebox in a new town (not you gerrowadat) and then hear people raising the bad points of the town. I am going off what I have been told and it is merely my opinion that Clane is a much rougher place than it used to be.

Oh, I moved back to my home town of Clane and bought an overpriced shoebox :-) And of course it's gotten rougher, the town is several times as big as it used to be (I was growing up when loughbollard and millicent were the only estates).

I just don't think it's gotten to the point where I'd consider it as 'rough' as anywhere in town. I lived in finglas for a year, and one of the rougher parts of artane (think shootings in local pubs) for 4 years, and Clane is a walk in the park compared to that.

It's gotten rougher, but I don't think it's out of line with the rest of the country.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Oh, I moved back to my home town of Clane and bought an overpriced shoebox :-) And of course it's gotten rougher, the town is several times as big as it used to be (I was growing up when loughbollard and millicent were the only estates).

I just don't think it's gotten to the point where I'd consider it as 'rough' as anywhere in town. I lived in finglas for a year, and one of the rougher parts of artane (think shootings in local pubs) for 4 years, and Clane is a walk in the park compared to that.

It's gotten rougher, but I don't think it's out of line with the rest of the country.

Thank you for agreeing that its got rougher -that was the only point I was trying to make.

Also try reading my post carefully next time and you will see that I excluded you from the shoebox category.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

muletide and gerrowathat , you guys should be banned for your child like behaviour.
    What is going to happe about these Trees? I wonder where I can contact officials to find out?

• Advertisement

muletide and gerrowathat , you guys should be banned for your child like behaviour.
    What is going to happe about these Trees? I wonder where I can contact officials to find out?

Childlike behaviour ??? Jesus you want to get out more - we are discussing vandalism in Clane all on topic.

Use the report button in the bottom corner if you want to be a Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

Childlike behaviour ??? Jesus you want to get out more - we are discussing vandalism in Clane all on topic.

Use the report button in the bottom corner if you want to be a Mod

Thanks for that, very constructive.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Can we get back on topic please, and have less of the personal comments? If you want to have a ding-dong, do it via private message :)

Ring the county council, they look after most roads and roadside accoutrements.

Advertisement