Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardest Level/Section of any game you have played

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I quite liked that in a way, it forced you to go on the offensive for the most part which is so much more exciting than sitting in your hideyhole like a coward waiting for someone to show enough skin to target. But then again I do kinda despise snipers...

What I hated most of all were the f*cking dogs they threw at you without warning. If I wanted quicktime events I'd have bloody bought Dance Dance Revolution.

While I'm at it, STALKER was a game that loved to randomly ramp up the difficulty by orders of magnitude. So many times I'd get through a section to die, reload and find it was now ten times harder despite knowing roughly where the enemies were. And once the armies of guys in exoskeletons came along it just got silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

Fremen wrote: »
    Turtles on the NES, the level where you had to stop the dam blowing up by diffusing all the bombs underwater.
    Freaking ridiculous.

+1. That game was bloody impossible!!! Thought maybe as I was much younger but I played it again a few months back and I still can't get anywhere near to finishing it! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Jazzy wrote: »
    no, i refuse to believe that. the AI in TA was absolutely dire. it was a giant randomizer with a vague idea of wat units to build. out of all the AI in RTS games i still rate TA's as one of the lowest. in fact with me and my mates its a common joke as to how stupid it is.

patch the game up to the last version and the AI is much improved, new stratagies nukes etc.

+1 for the battletoads. that wall glitch was the one time I got through too, i used to always jump for that stalactite to try hide from the brain.

but having mentioned patchable ai problems, ill add trying to fix the reactor in gecko without the whole town turn on you. and after you were SO nice as to go get them a new hydroelectric magnetosphere regulator..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Sarky wrote: »

While I'm at it, STALKER was a game that loved to randomly ramp up the difficulty by orders of magnitude. So many times I'd get through a section to die, reload and find it was now ten times harder despite knowing roughly where the enemies were. And once the armies of guys in exoskeletons came along it just got silly.

Yeah, I believe this was due to one of many of Stalker's lovely little bugs. I hear that what happens is basically when you die in certain places and respawn, the newly respawned enemies in the vicinity all magically know exactly where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I stall haven't been able to get 100% on San Andreas because of one of the tricks in the driving school, "the Alley-oop", never managed to get it, and I've never done the missions in the Car dealership. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

That COD4 mission is tough alright but there is a "flaw" in the level design you can exploit.
    Hid under the table in the small hut to the south of where the Scot bloke is. Stay under the table untill the moment comes where you have to make a run for him and the chopper.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The last mission in the american campaign of company of heros is tough,also cod4,the level where you have to sniper your man,and then you gotta leg it to the extraction point,thats pretty tough too.

Advertisement