Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are the results out?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

And the waiting continues. Does anyone have the email address for the exams office?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

This will probably crop up a few times over the coming days - so generally what happens is. Login details will be sent to DIT student email accounts, so check there first. These details will not be sent to students who still haven't paid fees so that could be a problem for some. Bear in mind that this is by far the busiest time of year for the exams office.

Feylya -I'm not sure about posting contact details here so I will PM them to you.

Yeah, I've been checking the DIT email account and I've paid in full for the semester. Guess I'll just have to wait.

Cheers for those Dufresne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Spunge wrote: »
    I got my "provisional" results.
    Says i passed them all (yay), but what does it mean by provisional?

All results are provisional until they are ratified by Academic Council - its just a formality. I think academic council is at the end of June around the time the lecturers go on holidays, can't find the date on the website though.

Feyla - did you get your email?
    The contact details for the offices are on modularisation.dit.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

feylya wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been checking the DIT email account and I've paid in full for the semester. Guess I'll just have to wait.

Cheers for those Dufresne

Have you actually tried logging in to modularisation using student no and DOB(6 digits).

• Advertisement

I have. Doesn't work.
    BC wrote: »
    Feyla - did you get your email?
    The contact details for the offices are on modularisation.dit.ie

Haven't gotten an email from DIT since the end of May

I have. Doesn't work.

Haven't gotten an email from DIT since the end of May

Ring the exams office then. Sounds like your results aren't ready.

Hmmm, I got my pin and logged in but I don't know if I've passed or not. I see attempted and earned and they're both the same value... Does that mean I've passed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Got mine.... No repeats this August, and a 2.1 for 2nd year :pac:

YERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Hmmm, I got my pin and logged in but I don't know if I've passed or not. I see attempted and earned and they're both the same value... Does that mean I've passed?

Yep, it does. The attempted is the number of ects credits that the modules are worth which has to total 60 per year, if you earned them for each subject then you've passed. :)

• Advertisement

Score! Cheers for your help everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

The boards for my course were on the 10th apparantly but still no news on results, it still says date of results tba on the pdf. This sucks. I thought Bolton st were getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

The boards for my course were on the 10th apparantly but still no news on results, it still says date of results tba on the pdf. This sucks. I thought Bolton st were getting better

yeah i was told the end of June but they can't confirm a date yet, i don't see what the big hold up is when everything has been decided already! I'll just have to keep emailing them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I got mine today. Comp Science 3rd Year here i come.

sickle wrote: »
    yeah i was told the end of June but they can't confirm a date yet, i don't see what the big hold up is when everything has been decided already! I'll just have to keep emailing them...

Apparantly they will start releasing them on Monday but I dontknow what that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

Loads of results went up on the boards in Bolton St yesterday, not sure which courses though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Fuck yeah. Passed everything with out having to repeat any in September for the first time ever.

\:)/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I haven't got my results yet but on the results were posted on the notice board in the college last week. Beside my exam number it said pass, does this mean I passed the entire year? It didn't have a break down of individual subjects. I am a bit suspicious because it said something about provisional board and I left one exam early and I can't see how I would have passed it/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Nephew wrote: »
    I haven't got my results yet but on the results were posted on the notice board in the college last week. Beside my exam number it said pass, does this mean I passed the entire year? It didn't have a break down of individual subjects. I am a bit suspicious because it said something about provisional board and I left one exam early and I can't see how I would have passed it/

Yeah I was like that my first year as well but from my experience this is the way its always done. Your detailed results should be out in the post to you in the next week or two.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Results are online now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭darraghw

does anyone know what it means when it says "refered" beside your result?

I failed 2 at christmas and these results now say refered beside them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I have nothing in my e-mails about PIN numbers or anything. Does this mean my course doesnt publish results online??

I'm in DT106/3

Fcuking Bolton St. and their usual disregard of anywhere outside the Pale.:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Hey I'm in Bolton St & I got mine. There's a schedule of results here:

http://modularisation.dit.ie/studentinfo.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

darraghw wrote: »

Refer usually means refer to Grade Code Comments. This more than likely means you have to repeat the exam or possibly an assessment. This should be made clear in whatever communication they send you.

RE = Repeat Exam
    RAS = Repeat Exam and/or Assessment

If none of the new exams you sat in Summer have this, you've probably passed those.

I checked eariler and no results but checked again after dinner and now they are up. Passed everything :) Was very worried I would fail.

So some Bolton St results are out as of this evening.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

bigkev49 wrote: »
    I have nothing in my e-mails about PIN numbers or anything. Does this mean my course doesnt publish results online??

I'm in DT106/3

You should try being a night student. I will prob get my results sometime next month...

bigkev49 wrote: »

I'm in DT106/3

According to this your results were due out on Monday. Ring the exams office.

http://modularisation.dit.ie

darraghw wrote: »

Referred is DIT speak for failed (part or all of the module).
    The paper transcript you get in the post should tell you exactly what you have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

BC wrote: »
    Referred is DIT speak for failed (part or all of the module).
    The paper transcript you get in the post should tell you exactly what you have to do.
    that's if you get paper transcripts in the post.

i've never gotten any in the post, maybe it's my course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

All examination results are provisional until ratified by Academic Council.

What do they mean when they say this?

When do the results get ratified by the academic council does anybody know?

Advertisement