Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are the results out?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    All examination results are provisional until ratified by Academic Council.

What do they mean when they say this?

When do the results get ratified by the academic council does anybody know?

I wouldn't worry about this. I've never seen a result change. They just put it there to cover their a**ses. You should only worry about that if you were caught cheating or else only barely scraped by compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Ok well I didnt need compensation and I didnt cheat so Im ok.

So its kind of put there to scare people?

Most the lecturers say that your provisional results may go up but they very rarely go down.

Ok well I didnt need compensation and I didnt cheat so Im ok.

So its kind of put there to scare people?

Most the lecturers say that your provisional results may go up but they very rarely go down.

Yeah that's true. They won't admit it but sometimes they tweak the way the percentages work to get more people to pass etc. Also they may be investigating people for plagiarisation etc. But like you said, marks usually go up if they change for some reason, so it's all good.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

DIT Bolton Street Partime results went up today for people interested.

Passed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

All long does it take exam results to post out once the results were out up online? My results went up online over two weeks ago, Monday 9th June.

Over two weeks seems like a long time to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

All long does it take exam results to post out once the results were out up online? My results went up online over two weeks ago, Monday 9th June.

Over two weeks seems like a long time to me.

They may wait until the results are ratified by academic council before posting out the transcript. That doesn't happen till the end of june as far as i know cos they have to wait until the results from every faculty are ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

My course results dont get posted out to me, are you sure yours do??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

thought they should do. it's my final year and i.m awaiting my final grade. i contacted kevin st exam department early last week and they said they would post at that week

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

I got my results in the post yesterday. I'm in Bolton St.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

not all courses send out results unless they are final results.

ie school of computing don't print out and send you results, they ironically have computers to do it for them :p

the other schools are different though.

• Advertisement

Cremo wrote: »
    not all courses send out results unless they are final results.

ie school of computing don't print out and send you results, they ironically have computers to do it for them :p

the other schools are different though.

Interesting, I've always had them posted to me. Maybe it's only the special people who get them. ;) But who knows, DIT exams office is mayhem even when there's no exams going on.

Advertisement