Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes

Options
  • 23-05-2008 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭

IT'S MAHVAL BABY!!

Cooler cell-shading, anime superheroes AND OTT fireballs?
    SFIV, nice knowing ya -- I just found my next love. :pac:

(Famitsu via Kotaku)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    IT'S MAHVAL BABY!!

Cooler cell-shading, anime superheroes AND OTT fireballs?
    SFIV, nice knowing ya -- I just found my next love. :pac:

(Famitsu via Kotaku)

Nice. I prefer the overall look of that to SFIV.

As long as they both play well I won't mind. But for looks, this wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Oh.. it's going to play like MVC? Looks interesting.. will definitely have to play this :) Loving the style also :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Looks great. When should we expect to see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Looks great. When should we expect to see this?
    InsertCredit says this winter (2008), but that's likely an arcade release.

Hmm... I wonder if this is using art assets from SFIV (it looks it to me), meaning that we could see a quick port? Pure speculation obviously...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    InsertCredit says this winter (2008), but that's likely an arcade release.

Hmm... I wonder if this is using art assets from SFIV (it looks it to me), meaning that we could see a quick port? Pure speculation obviously...

I should say it's only an arcade release if it's to be out this winter. The art looks very similar to SFIV, i think it even looks better than SFIV. I think the chars in SFIV look a bit too animated and cartoony-ish. Anyways, dying for this game already :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

The visuals look nice alright but where are the other characters from? The ones shown look a bit too much like Power Rangers for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Creature wrote: »
    The visuals look nice alright but where are the other characters from? The ones shown look a bit too much like Power Rangers for me.
    Capeboy is Gatchaman (more here).
    Man-with-robot wolf is Casshan (also translated as Casshern), whom I'm not going to bother looking up because... I got lazy.

Yeah.
    Deal with it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Just saw this today. It looks awesome cause I grew up watching Tatsunoko studio cartoons. It even has Golden Warrior Gold Lightan which is like Transformers but predates it by a few years. Only anime character western audience will recognize is probably Gatchaman/G-Force lead character.

Advertisement