Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engraved id tag - Where in Dublin?

Options
  • 23-05-2008 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    We have a new housemember, a collie/springer mix. I was looking to get an engraved name tag but have had no luck finding anyone doing these. I live in Lucan, anyone know where I can get a personalised tag? Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I always order from Adam here http://www.petags.co.uk/

Cheap, reliable and the tags are very durable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Wackers on Parnell street, normally i would recommend them but they are good at this. Good quality tags and engraving.

Or you could try your local locksmith/cobblers, they normally do engraving too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭mel123

Pet Mania in Northwood, Santry (or some say Ballymun).

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chiron

Diamond and Gem Jewlers at the back of Tesco (Lucan) will engrave it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 jenjo23

I just ordered one from www.mollys.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

The pet store in Blanch shopping centre does it..costs less than a tenner!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

These ones last years http://www.identitag.co.uk/ and the engraving doesn't fade. Brilliant. I would avoid any heart shaped tags as some of them have points on the end that can rub off the leg when they lay down, had to change mine to a round one, had fancy ones before but I find some of the bend more easily.

go tags do collars and leads with your number on them too.

Best not to put the dogs name on it but any other info is handy to have, at least 2 phone numbers (in case in time a mobile is lost or not working etc).

With the identitags I have my name, address, 2phone numbers, spayed and chipped on it you can fit tons on it and it's very clear.

Happy shopping (ok Im waffling now well off topic but ebay have dog blankets that you can get the pets name on you can get tags on there too).

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

It probably depends on the engraving process : I got one done in a key cutting/shoe repair shop in St Stephen's Green Shopping Centre a few years ago and the engraving got polished off very quickly.
    Some vets also offer this type of products.

My dog also managed to lose one of these identity 'bullets' where you write the information on a small piece of paper and replace it in this screw-cap container.

I have him chipped. It's probably the safest.

ValerieR

Advertisement