Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pricing Thread.

Options
  • 23-05-2008 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Ok, mods, move or delete if this could be handled elsewhere, but I'm proposing a dedicated thread to Rock Band pricing. I won't lie, this is rather self-serving, but it will help everybody to get the game as cheaply as possible.. I hope.

Ok, for starters, I hear that the whole package can be got for €190 in Zavvi. Which is still far too expensive for most, but cheaper than it could be elsewhere.

Anybody know the cheapest place to buy just the disc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

God idea, I'll be buying in town tomorrow so will have a look around first (unless someone bets me to it here :)). Might be worth calling some Tescos.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was going to start this thread too :)
    Interested to see what comes back... make sure you check the price of standalone drums too.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

According to Gamestop in Dundalk the whole package is still €240 :\

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Maddzy wrote: »
    According to Gamestop in Dundalk the whole package is still €240 :\

Ouch. They are always the most expensive though. My mate paid €115 for guitar hero III there. It was €90 in HMV. €25 is a big chunk of change.

Also, is that a 70/170 breakdown or what??

Also, is that a 70/170 breakdown or what??

I can't confirm that, but Gamestop usually charge €70 for the more anticipated new releases, so my guess is yes.

• Advertisement

I can't confirm that, but Gamestop usually charge €70 for the more anticipated new releases, so my guess is yes.

I really don't like them. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Might be time to raid my collection for some trade-ins.

Slightly off topic, but can I trade in Wii games against a 360 title?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

Mr E wrote: »
    Might be time to raid my collection for some trade-ins.

Slightly off topic, but can I trade in Wii games against a 360 title?

I'm sure you can, in Gamestop they basically take the trade ins as one transaction, effectively giving you store credit for them. Then buying the game with that store credit taken off the price. That's how I've always seen it happen anyway.

Edit: on topic, I can say that buying from ebay might still be the best option for PS3 users.

http://search.ebay.ie/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=ps3+rock+band

Have a look through there for an american version and it might end up cheaper. I know I paid about the asking price for it a few months ago now, was delighted when I heard the Irish RRP cos I knew I hadn't spent much over the top of it to get it early.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Is this Zavvi place in blanchardstown? Some say it's €190 for the first three days, might pop down in an hour and pick one up. Tried rining but noone answered.

Zavvi = Virgin (Why the F**k did they do that?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Zavvi = Virgin (Why the F**k did they do that?)

Branson sold all virgin shops => now call Zavvi

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

€190 all-in Zavvi. can't wait to get home. Cost is being split 3 ways so it's not too bad.

I just picked up the whole lot in Zavvi in Dundalk for €165.50 using my student discount card! :D

Also for anyone without a car buying this, be warned the box has no handle making it a pain to carry home :|

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Hmm might pick this up, think Zavvi would still accept a Virgin gift card from Christmas, its still valid but I wonder do they still accept them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

How much does zavvi charge for the drums/game?

How much does zavvi charge for the drums/game?

Game = €75
    Drums = €100

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

hmv doing any deals?

They have an internet only deal in the UK, was wondering if their stores in ireland had anything?

I picked it up in HMV for €65 minus 10% student discount, so €58.49 total. Obviously that's game alone. The guy at the counter said I needed the instruments, to which I replied, 'No, I don't'...

I'm too poor at the moment to justify anything other than the game, and am going on holidays in 5 weeks, so who knows when the drums will be bought?

Whole bundle is €200 in HMV by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

The cheapest I've seen for the game and drums is

Argos: Game €50 (Drums €100 :()

Gamestop: Drums €80 (Game €70 :mad:)

No guesses where I split my spending today :)

Nice one Tweek, much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

HMV deal is fantastic

its 200 euros for the game + instruments + 2100 microsoft points...

Couldnt resist, picked it up.

now I am very close to being broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Do any Tescos have it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

robby^5 wrote: »
    its still valid but I wonder do they still accept them.

The legal section in my brain says yes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I just picked up the whole lot in Zavvi in Dundalk for €165.50 using my student discount card! :D

Also for anyone without a car buying this, be warned the box has no handle making it a pain to carry home :|

Oooh that offer is very, very tempting. Must...resist...urge...to....buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Found the following prices yesterday for standalone people only.

HMV - e65
    Game - the one in Dawson St had no standalones, i was quoted e70
    Xtra Vision - e75, not a chance.

Never thought to check out Argos, probably because i've been let down by them so many times with their games. Their stock on release date has often been zero.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭event

TweekeewT wrote: »
    The cheapest I've seen for the game and drums is

Argos: Game €50 (Drums €100 :()

Gamestop: Drums €80 (Game €70 :mad:)

No guesses where I split my spending today :)

i dont get this

so in argos, is the game €50 and the drums €100, taking the price to €150?
    or is it €100 for the game and drums?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Game by itself is €50, drums by themself €100.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Which Argos have you seen the game in? It's not currently appearing on their .ie site at all and the staff in Stephens Green didn't have a clue what I was asking about.

They do have it on the .co.uk for £40 though but the catalogue number from that is not found on the .ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

event wrote: »
    i dont get this

so in argos, is the game €50 and the drums €100, taking the price to €150?
    or is it €100 for the game and drums?

They're listed separately, so I bought the game in Argos and the drums in Gamestop. (€130 in total)
    robinph wrote: »
    Which Argos have you seen the game in? It's not currently appearing on their .ie site at all and the staff in Stephens Green didn't have a clue what I was asking about.

They do have it on the .co.uk for £40 though but the catalogue number from that is not found on the .ie.

Got mine in Dun Laoghaire. For some reason it's not listed with a title, and searching using the product code (566/0081) gives no results. It'll show up, though, if you browse the full list of Xbox 360 games. I've just checked and it's in stock in Stephen's Green right now :). The product code does work if you try the stock check by phone (01 2161616).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Think it only appeared on the online listing part way throught the afternoon as it wasn't there initially, but spotted it, reserved online, and now picked up from Stephens Green for 50 notes. :)

Advertisement