Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pricing Thread.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I have my guitar hero Guitar, so ill use that for Lead/Bass, and then you can use the Xbox live headset as a mike.

Then the game should cost 50 Euro to buy, if i want to play drums i just head around to my mates. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    HMV deal is fantastic

its 200 euros for the game + instruments + 2100 microsoft points...

which hmv did you get this in? i was in grafton st. and henry st. ones today and there was no mention of 2100 ms points with it :confused:

must say though that i'm pretty tempted. €180 with a student discount isn't too bad and if it does come with the points all the better as theres a few arcade games i've had my eye on although for €165 in zavvi thats even better. I'm still trying to decide if paying that much for a single game is worth it!

I already have the GH2 X-plorer but after standalone game and drumkit i'd almost be better to get the whole lot, then i have 2 guitars and mic for full 4 player, which could lead to some very funny drunken games i'd imagine :p

Also does the 360 headset definitly work as a mic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Yes the headset works for sure,its what I use myself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The 360 headset works, you just have to plug it into another controller though and not into the guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

which hmv did you get this in? i was in grafton st. and henry st. ones today and there was no mention of 2100 ms points with it

I got it in the one on henry street. It wasnt advertised, they were just handed to me at the till as I was paying.

maybe it was a launch day exclusive?

All the same though I'm happy with microsoft points etc the price I payed was what I originally expected to pay and not that 200+ rip off rrp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Don't know if its been mentioned but its €179.99 in Argos for the kit... If I could find it in stock somewhere it'd be handy as I've a voucher left over from Xmass... All the seem to have in stock is the game..

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

Any updates on price in the north? Might go up to Newry at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

unklerosco wrote: »
    Don't know if its been mentioned but its €179.99 in Argos for the kit...

That's just for the instruments, though - and that €179.99 is actually €10 more expensive than the RRP.

Ahhhhhh.... Guess I'll pick up the game in argos n the drums in gamestop then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Where's the cheapest to get the instrument pack?
    The game itself can be got for €55 on play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just looking on my friends list on my XBOX.. 6 friends online and 5 are playing 'Rock Band'.

Didn't realise so many people bought it.. thought it was a bit pricey meself but might have to get the game anyways and play it with my GH3 guitar (will hopefully pick up the instruments on the cheap at some other stage).

Is it worth buying the pack? Have a €50 gift card for Virgin (or Zavvi) that's burning a hole in my wallet!

EDIT: Can anyone confirm if it is indeed in Argos for €50? Bit of doubt on the thread at some stage. Girlfriend is up in Dublin next weekend so might get her to pick it up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It is definitely €50 in Argos for just the game.

Cheers robinph. Am just after watching a few videos with the drums on YouTube.. have to get them! :D

Cheapest place for drums is definitely Gamestop?

By the looks of it, yes... Got the game in Argos earlier and the GF went to Gamestop in Swords which had no drums left. They sold 10 today, Clarehall had one left so they sold the same today and Donameade was sold out too.... I deffo didn't think it'd be that popular.

Will check my local Gamestop in Sligo tomorrow so.

Speaking of low availability, is it difficult to get the game in Argos? Girlfriend said she'll try both ones in Ilac Centre and Jervis Street SC on Bank Holiday Monday.

EDIT: Checked stock on the website and they're in stock in both Argos branches above. But won't be collecting it til Monday so need to try again on Sunday (as they'll only allow you a one day collection period)

Couldn't wait until going to Newry today :p Got the game and instruments in HMV (Scotch Hall, Drogheda branch) yesterday. It was 200 for the lot. Quite reasonable I thought. Didn't get any MS points though.
    Gamestop across the road were looking for 240.

Got the drums yesterday in Gamestop.. have them set up and all but gotta wait til the girlfriend gets the game in Argos on Monday.

Probably will be staring at the drums til then! :(

Lol I'm staring at the drums too. I'm waiting for my neighbours to go out and then I'm going to batter them (the drums that is, not the neighbours :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

KBarry wrote: »
    I'm waiting for my neighbours to go out
    Worst Rockstar ever!

Lol, I had a nice cup of tea after as well, then tidied up the living room, so I think you have a point. :p

Back on thread.... game and instruments in Zavvi Dundalk for €190.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

KBarry wrote: »
    game and instruments in Zavvi Dundalk for €190.

Anyone know if this offer is still going? May just buy the game and guitar for the moment, but if I'm able to get it for that price (or less due to student discount) may buy the full kit.

Failing that, anywhere sell the guitar at a better price than 60 in Argos?
    EDIT: Bah, doesn't seem any of the Argos stores have the guitar anyway. Damn.

Advertisement