Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 Day In

Options
  • 23-05-2008 9:37am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Today is my 11th day as a non-smoker, I'm on the gum but not trying to replace 1 addiction with another so I've taken about 15 pieces since I started taking them but didn't have any between Monday and yesterday.

I've noticed that this week is harder than last week, I was out last weekend and didn't feel the urge to smoke, am out tomorrow to watch the game, that is going to be tough.

I have noticed a weird taste in my mouth every morning, it's almost as if I smoked 40 fags yesterday, is that normal? I've also had a sore throat and it feels like I have a chest cold.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 daisey

Clareman wrote: »
    Today is my 11th day as a non-smoker, I'm on the gum but not trying to replace 1 addiction with another so I've taken about 15 pieces since I started taking them but didn't have any between Monday and yesterday.

I've noticed that this week is harder than last week, I was out last weekend and didn't feel the urge to smoke, am out tomorrow to watch the game, that is going to be tough.

I have noticed a weird taste in my mouth every morning, it's almost as if I smoked 40 fags yesterday, is that normal? I've also had a sore throat and it feels like I have a chest cold.

howdy im off the smokes 9 days now :) i think the sore throat and chest could have something to do with the gum your taking when i first tryd 2 give up i used the gum and experienced the same as you and i was also constantly coughing. im using a different product now and since giving them up i havent had any of those experiences :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

When I stopped smoking, I had a really bad cough for about 6 weeks, and that came with a sore throat too. I think its the body beginning to clear all the gak thats built up while smoking. It will pass though, so best of luck staying off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Sore throat and chesty cough are normal signs of your body healing itself. The taste in your mouth could be the nico gum but could also be phlegm etc being cleared from your lungs/throat that your newly restored tastebuds can now taste. I'm about to start the patches, can't wait to taste food again!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Was out at the weekend both Friday night and Saturday, didn't smoke, woohoo, now I just can't get complacant. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved a smoke but didn't

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭hcnyla

Good man. Keep it up.

I'm off them 4.5 months now myself. Gets easier and easier as the days go by but like you said, you can't get complacent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Sorry for the shameless bump but I was looking for this forum for another reason and wanted to see how long I was off the smokes, 8 years now, if I can do it anyone can.

Advertisement