Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got the job!!!!!

• 23-05-2008 10:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭

I did it!

I got the job! Cant believe it! :D
    I am delighted! So I'll be joining a small practice as an ACA trainee.

Little nervous about it because I have non accountancy background my Degree is a 2.2 Physics so Im going to have to work extra hard. So to all of you out there without an accountancy or business degree.... it is possible to get into accountancy just keep pushing on and you'll get there in the end!

If anyone can recommend a good accountancy book that I can start looking at as Im noty starting until the end of the summer, Id be really grateful!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

hockeygirl wrote: »
    Little nervous about it because I have non accountancy background
    quote]

Congrats,

Dont worry about it, i came into this game after a year of a basic computer skills course, as i still didnt know what to do with my life....10 years later still here !!

Its all about the experience

Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Fruiti

Congratulations! I'm an ACA and it's a great thing to have! once you qualify you'll have loads of great job opportunities and the ability to travel and work anywhere in the world!
    I generally didn't use any accounting books for my studies but relied on the notes provided by lecturers (and any referred readings) which are generally more than enough. However, the one book I always found useful is Principles & Practice of Group Accounts - Brennan and Pierce. happy reading!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭shewasoctober

Congrats! Yes, it can be done without a business or business related degree. You just have to work extra hard to get those interviews. Best of luck!
    Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭dooloo

Congratulations!

Dont worry about reading books. It's all about the practical experience and how quick you are at picking up new things. getting the hang of debits and credits from the start is important as I know of many part qualified accountants with a few years of experience who still cant get the hang of it.

Nothing more annoying when trying to review a file. . .

Advertisement