Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rey Mysterio?

• 23-05-2008 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

I apologise for my ignorance in advance

But, what has happened to him? i haven't seen him since Big Show made his return and that awful Mayweather storyline began?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

He got injured again. He will be back again in June/July apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DaveyGem

He got injured again. He will be back again in June/July apparently.

Good Good,

Cheers

Dev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Mysterio reminds me of HHH's comeback in 2002. Over the course of time, he has bulked up too much and is still trying to move around like he's 195lbs or something. As a result his upper body is putting more pressure on his legs and feet, which will obviously make more prone to injury.

Mysterio needs to trim a bit. He's not a heavyweight, he'll never be seen as a heavyweight, end of!

VR!

I don't think he's bulking up because he wants too. Maybe in his mind he believes he needs too.

He's a cruiserweight, surely he knows this, right? Now you show me one person who wants to see a fat cruiserweight? Super Porky anyone? ;)

VR!

• Advertisement

It's the same reason maybe why Eddie Guerrero packed on all the weight. He felt that in order to get the push his talent deserved, he needed to look a certain way.

The same reason why Rey had to put on alot of muscle/weight to get his foot in the door in the WWE. I think he looked pudgier when he came back last August because of the same reason alot of people did 6-9 months ago and that's the Wellness Policy.

I don't fully buy that, mainly because Rey still looked somewhat human when he entered the WWE in 2002. He'd bulked up that weight in WCW, you look at him there in 1996, and then look at him when he was de-masked and part of the Filthy Animals in 2000. Now think about that for a minute, nobody thought WWE was gonna buy WCW at that particular point in time, and because WCW being a big ATM, whereas some people bitched about the way it was run, others were more than happy to pick up the big pay day. I'd hazard a guess that if WCW was around today, Mysterio would still be there.

I will agree with the wellness causing him to look pudgy, especially since he was busted with the signature pharmacy sh*t. But if he hadn't bulked up with the muscle in the first place, he would have looked in better shape. Comparing him to Eddie is a little unfair, Eddie had the height for his build, he looked like a rake in his time in WCW. Rey on the other hand, doesn't. He was the right height for his build in WWE in 2002, but went rapidly downhill from about 2004 onwards.

VR!

Comparing him to Eddie is a little unfair, Eddie had the height for his build

I completely disagree. 5ft8 is not the natural or ideal height for a 200 plus muscle pound build especially if your wrestling 4 nights a week. If it was, he would have been able to attain it naturally. And really, it may have been a big reason that his heart failed.

To me they are both examples of guys who in their mind had to put on bulk to get the push or position there talent deserved.

This is a weird one to say given it was his death that initiated the policy but if Eddie Guerrero had lived on and had to obey the Wellness Policy, I think there's a good chance people would be saying how pudgy he'd be looking too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

DaveyGem wrote: »
    i haven't seen him since Big Show made his return and that awful Mayweather storyline began?

That was a great angle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Anyone know when Rey returns?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

JP Liz wrote: »
    Anyone know when Rey returns?

Legitimately any day now to be vague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Rey Mysterio is still a few weeks away from returning to the ring. He should be back on the road in early to mid-July.

Advertisement