Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Dead - Online Game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭reregholdsworth

Thanks for the tip Tar

slightly back to the topic - which character type do people prefer?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No problem. I have created two new characters today, one is a private, one a cop, shoud have made them a scout, they have a handy starting ability.

What's the deal with the radios, I have a few all on the same freq, should we have a boards frequency? How do messages get sent on them as you can only seem to recieve messages so what is the point?
    Also any tips on good items to look out for, I have just gotten ammo etc, anything good to look out for and where are they?

This is exacly the same as a vampire game I used to play, that one was great, good ole suckin people dry and there was even banks etc and the ability to steal. You could pay for some cool abilities, my sister bought a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Are Librarys any use? I'm currently holed up in one, there's plenty of books around, but nothing worth reading from the seems of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

You can read books to gain experience. you get 1 XP for everytime you succesfully read

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You have a chance of getting xp from books as far as I remember.

Edit: beaten to it!

• Advertisement

Ah! great!

When you put boardsies in your group thing can you see who is in it or what does it do? :)

Not from what I can see... But some people have their groups badges in their profiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Martron wrote: »
    how do you know what a supply crate looks like or does it just tell you there is a supply crate

It just says "There is a supply crate here" same as it does for bodies
    what is this thing about supply crates?
    i've not seen any notices.
    Do they just fall randomly? Or do I have to keep my eye out
    for radio announcements? Are the cities in radio contact with
    the outside world?

On another note - which type of character do people prefer?

When you logged in today it probably said something like "You hear the sound of a helicopter close by" (Same as you would for a flare or feeding groans). That means supply crates have been dropped in random locations in the Suburb you're in.

Human char FTW here !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

OMG from seeing only a couple of zombies so far I went up about 6 squares from where I was and they were everywhere! Got 38 xp from DNA extraction before I decided to hightail out of there to safety.

Lol I tried attacking one too but got nowt after 15 attempts with the crowbar so gave up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Where area were you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Wow, started with a firefighter just now, and he already has more XP than my other 4 characters put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

faceman wrote: »
    Where area were you in?

A place called Brooksville. I'm currently in the Piele Building, the zombie area was to the north-west of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Fnally after taking over 500 attemtps to kill a zombie i got enough xp to get firearms training, and already have half the amount of xp in one days work!

I'm in wyke hill if somebody can find me anf revive me, right by buttonville!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I got to a supply crate at the junkyard near Adalbert General Hospital in East Grayside, I hope it is still there. Got jumped by 2 zombies and out of AP, deaded. :/

I got to a supply crate yesterday, I think I got less than I would have because I used a Fire Axe to open it though, just a shotgun and two shells.

If anyone happens to be around Pegton, they should really come check out the Custard Museum, have a look around, hang out, maybe heal me...

EDIT: nevermind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

In the same pace as Nerin at the mo, I've decided to do a run of the map to gain XP, I'm on 68 at the mo, looking forward to my first skill.......now.....free running or firearms??

Running around is great, I have been revived randomly by 'moui' but I am infected, somebody heal me! hehe. How do I heal myself?

• Advertisement

Use a FAK on yourself. You can find them in any hospital (or in a church too I think ?). You're going to loose 1 HP for every 1 AP used while infected, if you die when infected then your back to being a zombie again.

Whats your exact location and ill try get down to you (probably tonight/tomorrow morning) when my AP re-gens ?

I'm standing outside Screech Lane Police Dept in Wyke hills beside buttonville, all the churches, police departments, and drug stores were barricaded so I could not get in to search, I fear death is near!

If you have enough HP left you should really try get inside anywhere at all.

Ok, I'm in club morris nearby with three others, have asked for a heal, heres hopin!
    Cheers. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

just attacked a zombie 4 times in a row with a flair. hit everytime. killed him!!

Nice you lucky sod. My other hu player got killed by a human. :/

Nice you lucky sod. My other hu player got killed by a human. :/

Broadcast the name as a PK'er, someone will take him out then. I hate Pk'ers

Brains888 if you see him. He shotgunned me. :/

Roen wrote: »
    In the same pace as Nerin at the mo, I've decided to do a run of the map to gain XP, I'm on 68 at the mo, looking forward to my first skill.......now.....free running or firearms??
    Freerunning - It'll get you access to more places, especially safe houses!

I found a mobile phone last night.

A zombie started on me too... Used all 7 pistol bullets, got 4 hits, but still not a kill... /run!

Also, I found Club Gooch. :pac:

• Advertisement

Ah sh*te. Just logged back in, Zombie broke down the baricades and bit me. :(

First aid kid anyone?

Found 2 crucifixes and a bottle of wine.

/Off to get pissed and play Zombie Jesus

Advertisement