Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Dead - Online Game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Some bastard from hell shot me when I was waiting outside an NT in Crowbank. Going through "the list" when I get revivified.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Keeping an eye on the situation at the moment. Will be hunting later

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

The Blesley Mall area is pretty hot at the moment. Lots of Zs if anyone is up for a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I just discovered you could do this

LD 50 wrote: »
    great fun isnt it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Just came up through Blesley Mall, there's an awful lot of Zombies in that area, just had enough ap to get one and get out of there.

Youre hiding with me,in my hiding spot. I'Ll be out on the prowl soon

More zombies re-deafed :D more on the move though,led one away from our position. Annoyed at the lack of entry points in the area. Think we should pick a random area and all get there? Work more as a team etc

Hows your HP, I've a spare fak if ya need it.

48/60. The fecker that followed me had tangling grasp.

• Advertisement

Only able to heal 5HP per fak for now so your only 53 now but better then nothing.

Anywhere in mind?

Not yet,looking at the map and finding where everyone is would be a start. I'm thinking somewhere very close a hospital and pd. And close enough to a NT building and graveyard. Possibly stay hidden in a tall building that has no real use for looting to make our chances good.Maybe have another not so important building as an entry point... Thats the best case scenario in my head anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

LD 50 wrote: »

The averages are terrible, it's more hassle than it's worth to be honest. You need to find Fuel Cans (check the search rates, they're not great), and you'll need more than one too. Then you need to get Flare Guns, and a lot of them too because of the poor chance to hit with them.

Then you need to bash them with a fuel can and read the message about fuel sloshing on their clothes, and then you can fire flares at then until it succeeds or you run out.

The victim needs to be wearing clothes for this to work too from my own experience :)

And a funny game mechanic is if they're wearing a Flak it'll prevent Fire damage too - so you'll damage for 24HP instead of 30HP.

I've tried it three times. First time it took one fuel can hit,and one flare,other two times i ran out of flares. It is a bit of hassle. Feels great when it works though ;)

Wheeee finally revivified after being shot down multiple times by new fellas. In Crowbank having a short nap.

Anybody feel like taking on the role of bounty hunter? Got PKed by someone called Buttsington in Osmondville.

Currently waiting for a revive in the cemetary below Reay Park in Crowbank.

Did you save his character link? I'll do it if you've his char link. Took out more zs and the warehouse i've been using as an entry point is now secure. Win.

You mean this Nerin?:confused:

• Advertisement

Creature wrote: »
    You mean this Nerin?:confused:

thats it. Noted :)

The averages are terrible, it's more hassle than it's worth to be honest. You need to find Fuel Cans (check the search rates, they're not great), and you'll need more than one too. Then you need to get Flare Guns, and a lot of them too because of the poor chance to hit with them.

Then you need to bash them with a fuel can and read the message about fuel sloshing on their clothes, and then you can fire flares at then until it succeeds or you run out.

The victim needs to be wearing clothes for this to work too from my own experience :)

And a funny game mechanic is if they're wearing a Flak it'll prevent Fire damage too - so you'll damage for 24HP instead of 30HP.
    All that aside, it looks quite fun though!!

Added to my list as well for more hurt. Hiding in an NT, need more ammo as I got the advanced shotgun training just now. I'm carrying a heap of books too and that bloody toolbox. :/

Creature wrote: »
    Anybody feel like taking on the role of bounty hunter? Got PKed by someone called Buttsington in Osmondville.

Currently waiting for a revive in the cemetary below Reay Park in Crowbank.

I'm up for getting in on some of that action. I aint had a kill in ages.

EDIT:scr2e95b8is9.th.pngthpix.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

how the hell do you et a 3d map and the item list over there?!

and yes i'm new.

Sweet! Nice one LD50!

How do you get that interface?

The Interface is a firefox addon called UDToolbar.

It's located here : http://udtoolbar.mozdev.org

Click on Installation up the top, then click the "Install Now" link beside Version 59b.

You can also download a dark skin (uses grays instead of greens) from the link beside Version 46b. Then after Firefox restarts go to Tools->Add-Ons->UDToolbar->Options and enable stylesheet override and point it to wherever you saved the EQ_Skin.css file. I prefer the dark skin.

You can also turn off the Ugly Toolbar as you would turn off any other toolbar in Firefox ;)

Keep in mind the following : while it makes the names look all pretty and spaced out - copy and pasting them will suck majorly, and since I play a zombie an almost always need to copy and paste the number of survivors in a building this is a bad thing so I turn it off.

To attack somebody, you simply hover over the name of the survivor or the word "zombie" down the bottom, a list will appear with your options for attacking, healing etc.

You can clearly identify ruined buildings because their names will be red. It's also easier to identify lit and unlit buildings. When stepping inside ruined buildings the image of the building will disappear, Kyle hasn't added in some images for different types of buildings (including inside a ruined one).

Your name is also a link (to your profile) and has a submenu to view your profile, logout etc

The inventory shows a list of the current bullets in your pistols and the number of bullets in your shotgun (not the amount of each weapon you have). Then there's the number of clips or shells you have and the number of FAK's and syringes. To FAK yourself or reload, click on the clip, shell or FAK. You can't click on the guns to shoot yourself or syringe yourself though :D

To see your inventory, click the two right-facing arrows ..hovering over an image in your inventory gives an X in the top right corner, press that to drop the item. Clicking on the picture will do the same (drop) so make sure not to drop your fuel cans, generators etc :D

Underneath the inventory is a list of possible actions that appear. These include jumping from the building you're in, searching the mall (if you're in a mall), repairing the generator, repairing the building, barricading etc

Almost all actions leave a little button that allows you to repeat the exact same action again, (e.g. firing a pistol at marti McFly, barricading) so you don't accidentally fire at somebody else as is won't to happen with vanilla UD.

I should warn you that using UDToolbar will stop features of udWidget working (specifically the iWitness part for me) but you can turn off a few things in UDToolbar to make them work together - if any of you use udWidget and want the UDToolbar let me know and i'll tell ya what to do.

Tried to get it when firefox 3 was out first. Has it been made compatible?

Nerin wrote: »
    Tried to get it when firefox 3 was out first. Has it been made compatible?

Yep, Kyle fixed it up. Even before he went and did that it was possible to install it. There's an addon called "Nightly Build Tools" that can override compatibility issues which is ideal for the really specific, small addons like UDToolbar and udWidget (which is not 3.0.2+ compatible because swiers doesn't have the time to fix the compatibility flags :D)

• Advertisement

Advertisement