Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Dead - Online Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Creature wrote: »
    Sweet! Nice one LD50!

How do you get that interface?
    No probs. Anyone else has any "problems" like that that need dealing with, you lemme know. I'll take care of it.
    The Interface is a firefox addon called UDToolbar.

It's located here : http://udtoolbar.mozdev.org

Click on Installation up the top, then click the "Install Now" link beside Version 59b.

You can also download a dark skin (uses grays instead of greens) from the link beside Version 46b. Then after Firefox restarts go to Tools->Add-Ons->UDToolbar->Options and enable stylesheet override and point it to wherever you saved the EQ_Skin.css file. I prefer the dark skin.

You can also turn off the Ugly Toolbar as you would turn off any other toolbar in Firefox ;)

Keep in mind the following : while it makes the names look all pretty and spaced out - copy and pasting them will suck majorly, and since I play a zombie an almost always need to copy and paste the number of survivors in a building this is a bad thing so I turn it off.

To attack somebody, you simply hover over the name of the survivor or the word "zombie" down the bottom, a list will appear with your options for attacking, healing etc.

You can clearly identify ruined buildings because their names will be red. It's also easier to identify lit and unlit buildings. When stepping inside ruined buildings the image of the building will disappear, Kyle hasn't added in some images for different types of buildings (including inside a ruined one).

Your name is also a link (to your profile) and has a submenu to view your profile, logout etc

The inventory shows a list of the current bullets in your pistols and the number of bullets in your shotgun (not the amount of each weapon you have). Then there's the number of clips or shells you have and the number of FAK's and syringes. To FAK yourself or reload, click on the clip, shell or FAK. You can't click on the guns to shoot yourself or syringe yourself though :D

To see your inventory, click the two right-facing arrows ..hovering over an image in your inventory gives an X in the top right corner, press that to drop the item. Clicking on the picture will do the same (drop) so make sure not to drop your fuel cans, generators etc :D

Underneath the inventory is a list of possible actions that appear. These include jumping from the building you're in, searching the mall (if you're in a mall), repairing the generator, repairing the building, barricading etc

Almost all actions leave a little button that allows you to repeat the exact same action again, (e.g. firing a pistol at marti McFly, barricading) so you don't accidentally fire at somebody else as is won't to happen with vanilla UD.

I should warn you that using UDToolbar will stop features of udWidget working (specifically the iWitness part for me) but you can turn off a few things in UDToolbar to make them work together - if any of you use udWidget and want the UDToolbar let me know and i'll tell ya what to do.

Yea, What he said:D

Is there much of a difference between Firefox v2 and v3?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Goddammit I hate it when you're free running and you don't realise you're actually outside. Now I'm rightly ****ed, there are 15 Zs two blocks below me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Creature,where are you?! If youre close i might make it. Gerky is gone from my spot,dunno where. Ld-firefox 3 is quicker and cooler :p theres a thread on it in Computers and Technology forum i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Thanks Nerin but I managed to make it into an area that was VSB. On my last AP too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

No difference between FF2 and FF3 with regard to the UDtoolbar if that was your question :)

I can't decide whether or not to leave my safehouse near blesly mall or stay killing in the area. Where is everyone?

It was a bit of both, (UDtool and gen. UI). Thanks.

Hmmmm, Nerin. you seem quite persistant in wanting to know wwhere we all are. Perhaps you're plotting a devious scheme to kill us all. :P

LD 50 wrote: »
    It was a bit of both, (UDtool and gen. UI). Thanks.

Hmmmm, Nerin. you seem quite persistant in wanting to know wwhere we all are. Perhaps you're plotting a devious scheme to kill us all. :P

:p perhaps. I think we'd be more effective in large numbers together. I think i'll go scout a location for base...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

I'm in crowbank at the moment, took a run up to get a few faks and nearly got in trouble on the way up but I'm ok now.

@Nerin Are we discussing possible locations publicly here or are we keeping it quiet.

• Advertisement

gerky wrote: »
    I'm in crowbank at the moment, took a run up to get a few faks and nearly got in trouble on the way up but I'm ok now.

@Nerin Are we discussing possible locations publicly here or are we keeping it quiet.

well nothings set in stone-my idea was somewhere very near places for ammo and health,relatively near a graveyard and nt building,using two unimportant buildings,one as Ehb fortress for resting,and one for vsb entrance. I was thinking a not to hot suburb would be a good idea. Wondering what you guys thought

I had a quick look and see 3or4 possibly suitable places that would match most of what your thinking.

gerky wrote: »
    I had a quick look and see 3or4 possibly suitable places that would match most of what your thinking.

pm :p a designated boards meeting spot,or even a few,would help us be more organised.

Scouting for suitable places,found a good area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hiding in Edgecombe, building I was in was full of PKers. Ruu1 is back home in Kinch Heights, I have a radio transmitter. Where is the best place for one of these?

Ruu wrote: »
    Hiding in Edgecombe, building I was in was full of PKers. Ruu1 is back home in Kinch Heights, I have a radio transmitter. Where is the best place for one of these?

come to pegton,i'm going through buildings to find to perfect boards base

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I started as a zombie. Cant actually do anything. I guess that was a bad choice.

Jumpy wrote: »
    I started as a zombie. Cant actually do anything. I guess that was a bad choice.

if i want to mess around as a zombie-i usually get a load of exp as a human then run into a group of zs kill them,get killed,then spend my human exp on levelling up my zombie. Easier that way.

Just killed a known pker that was hiding in our building-gonna add her to my list just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Starting off as a Z is a great choice, it can take a while at the start though. I'd advise having a human char aswell as you start, so you can see both sides of it all.

Where's this base gonna be then?

Fr Crilly got zombified again in the very south of the map, Trackmortgage the Z is someplace in the midlands, leveled up to the last, and out for havok.

• Advertisement

Pegton is all we're gonna say for the moment ;)

Good location I think, easy to hot foot elsewhere if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Can I come too?

It's hard to sound like that old lady from The Simpsons over the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Pegton is veeeeeeeeerrrrry far away from me at the moment, will be Wednesday at least before I get there!

I think I've found a suitable spot in pegton just waiting to see what Nerin thinks, if we settle on it we'll probably keep its name to pm for now.
    If Ruu still has the radio he could set it up here, I've it secured at the moment.
    If nothing else it'll be a good spot to restock.

My character with the radio transmitter will be arriving sometime tomorrow. I went off with my toolbox around Pegton, got a bit distracted fixing a building, should be back to where Nerin was later.

Gerky, ran accross your char stuck outside that junkyard. You were ok when I passed.

LD 50 wrote: »
    Gerky, ran accross your char stuck outside that junkyard. You were ok when I passed.

Yeah, went for a little excursion and ended up using a lot more AP then I had planned, but I'm ok now.

such a handy area!
    picked up a load of supplies.

• Advertisement

I picked up 2 Necrotech syringes, total of 4 now. :) My other character fell asleep next to the place that should not be mentioned. :/

Advertisement