Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Dead - Online Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Kromdar wrote: »
    anyone heading up the shearbank way, help us rebuild? we got about 400-500 people defending the mall there.

living people only, please :p

But i'm a z killing zs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

anyone wanna show me the ropes to this game?
    atm im just wandering around not finding anything of use and Im outta ammo HELP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

same here. i'm a newbie holed up in Shearbank!!

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    anyone wanna show me the ropes to this game?
    atm im just wandering around not finding anything of use and Im outta ammo HELP

Ok,urban dead wiki has loads of guides,main thing as a new player,get inside,fast

is it a wise option to broadcast ur location? any zed's on boards will be able to find u and other survivors!

anyway, any pro-survivor groups based in the Shearbank suburb? (looking for group to join)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Join Boardsies. We're currently a bit scattered (if we split up we cover more ground) but we'll probably establish a HQ soon enough. Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

how do I do that? :S

AH!!!!! im all zombified! :eek:where in Shearbank can i get de-zombied?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Check here, drop by one of the NT buildings or revive points. You may be waiting for a while though if there are zeds clogging the areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

AH!!!!! im all zombified! :eek:where in Shearbank can i get de-zombied?

alder row.

http://redrum.soul-fantasy.net/map.php?frl=toggle&showfreerun=on&suburb=26

don't be put off by the 50 odd z's to the north, they're just having a party. once your in, get into the nearby church. also, try to get a weapon, or first aid kits, and level yourself up

FOR ANY NEWBIES, THE TRICK IS TO GET FREE-RUNNING IF YOU DIDNT ALREADY START WITH IT

that lets you into all the surrounding buildings :)

that's my two cents, but ruu there seems to be the local guru. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

If any of you new guys come across a Fr. Crilly, that'll be me, give me a shout and I'll show you around.

Some game news. Ruu1 has been battling it out in North Blythville.
    Survivors are once again looting the long-abandoned seasonal storerooms of the city's shopping malls, to find lights and trees for their safehouses. Lights are now clearly visible from neighbouring blocks; while this may attract unwanted attention, it could also catch the eye of military air traffic, over the next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Just joined. Crabman1

Military has been about the past few days. I'm around the Pole Mall area in West Grayside.
    You heard the thrum of a helicopter flying over the building.

Supply crates for all! \o/

finally alive again! curled up in a ball in south Shearbank with a few others building up enough xp to get free running...it's gonna be a cold night ahead.

Decorating Pole Mall with some Christmas lights. :) Nice to see a few more green spots show up in the suburb maps.

Boardsie HQ V2 anyone? I'm bored of wandering, personally.

cautioner wrote: »
    Boardsie HQ V2 anyone? I'm bored of wandering, personally.

I wouldn't mind.

Ruu wrote: »
    Decorating Pole Mall with some Christmas lights. :) Nice to see a few more green spots show up in the suburb maps.

I've been in Julie General Hospital in Wyke Hills (skipped on earlier) for quite a while now, has been changing into zombie hands on a daily basis but seems to have died down.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

I just joined this game. Wandering around like a headless chicken, made it to cover with just 1 AP left. I'm in Abot Towers in Edgecombe. Any recommendations for a newbie?

• Advertisement

What class did you go for?

Free running is probably the handiest skill in the game.

Head to a cop shop and try get a few guns, a fire axe in the fire station, and some first aid kits in a hospital, when you're starting off, find a safe house, build up your 50Ap, and go kill some Z's, and regen back in the safe house, lather, rinse and repeat until you get enough skills to take on the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Been trying out a few classes trying to get used to the game and it seems to me that the easiest way to get exp by far is by picking a scientist and extracting DNA

Nerin wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind.

According to the wiki Pegton is fairly devoid of zeds, but still has a lot of ruined buildings, so it won't be a target for the M.O.B anytime soon... I'm gonna scout over and see how things stand.

Aye, scientist is a handy class for picking up XP alright, you've got unlimited scans... as soon as you get free running, start on some combat skills, followed by barricading and healing!

The problem with extracting is you gotta be in the thick of the action to get all the XP!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

Fajitas! wrote: »
    What class did you go for?

I came in as a fireman, yeah I want to get free running. The only thing is when I try to attack a zombie I keep missing, is it just random or is there anything I can do to improve accuracy?

Edgecombe is right beside Pegton so I'll make my way there.

You can improve your attack skills over time alright, at the start you just have to accept you're gonna miss an awful awful lot!!

You'll pick up some more skills eventually, just make sure you get the free running skill first, it'll help you get in to the malls, etc, so you can get ammo and supplies easier.

Get the hand to hand fighting, at least if you get stuck somewhere in the open you have a chance. Then you can search malls and PDs for pistols and ammo, etc when you get to safety. Look out for supply crates at the moment, you will see miltary hovering around different areas and they will drop off goodies for the steal.

Wow, Stickling Mall is full of people. free-running rocks!

cautioner wrote: »
    According to the wiki Pegton is fairly devoid of zeds, but still has a lot of ruined buildings, so it won't be a target for the M.O.B anytime soon... I'm gonna scout over and see how things stand.

I've been near/in mcClouds bar. Good area. Very organised groups

• Advertisement

Nerin wrote: »
    I've been near/in mcClouds bar. Good area. Very organised groups

Just made it into HQ on my last AP. Crazy overcading in the area.

EDIT: What suburb is McCloud's in?

Advertisement