Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Dead - Online Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Currently have 12 rev syringes, please book your appoinments here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Hey guys. Where bouts is everyone these days? I've had a prolonged dirt nap, and feel like stretching the ol' legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

LD 50 wrote: »
    Hey guys. Where bouts is everyone these days? I've had a prolonged dirt nap, and feel like stretching the ol' legs.

Currently at -45 AP after needlessly repairing a bank in Pegton out of sheer boredom.

Was near by, so had a peek in. Someone caded up where you are, up to EHB.

Took the liberty of feeling fixing you up while you slept... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Just got the shopping skill. which mall stores have the most useful items? i'll try to concentrate my searches.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just joined the game, over in Ruddlebank so opposite end of the map to you guys in Pegton!

Been wandering about, unsure what to do, and couldn't get any replies from people in the game... :(

Any advice for a lil newbie?

cautioner wrote: »

What class did you start off as?
    Here's a great fountain of infoz. It has everything you need to know. Have a read of the Beginners guide, and the first day in Malton guide.
    If you aren't inside already, get in. Try not to get stuck sleeping on the streets.
    Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Just joined the game, over in Ruddlebank so opposite end of the map to you guys in Pegton!

Been wandering about, unsure what to do, and couldn't get any replies from people in the game... :(

Any advice for a lil newbie?

Get eaten and become a zombie, it's the way of the future and is inevitable

Can't wait to hit Pegton with the RRF or MOB now ...also, know this harmans, Mall Tour 2009 is coming, prepare to get eated!

I'm a scout, being able to move from building to building without hitting the streets sounded too good!

Read the guides, and am indoors in a very well barricaded building in Ruddlebank, with a flare gun, binoculars, pistol clip, shotgun shell and fire axe and 5AP left.

How do you find/stumble across zombies/know if there is a zombie in the building... ?

Hit a ruined building and you'll fall to the ground outside of it with a chance of taking 5hp in damage from the fall. You can just enter the ruined building and continue on your merry way assuming it has no barricades or barricades that are no higher than Very Strong (Heavily, Very Heavily or Extremely Heavily are the ones that are unenterable from the street).

In the map on the left you're always in the middle block. It should list the names of a few survivors if you've got any in your building, it obviously won't list the names of 200 survivors if you're in a building infested with the living :) If there are zombies inside, firstly you will see a notice when you log in or refresh the page that 'a zombie took down the last of the barricades (x mins/hours ago)'. Also, the middle block in the map will say X zombies on it, where X is the number of zombies. If you don't see that, then you'll see something like this in the main window
    You are inside <building name>, in the near-darkness of the main dancefloor. The building has fallen into ruin, and with the lights out, you can hardly see anything. The doors to the street have been secured. *descriptive text is subject to change, as you see there's no barricades on this building, the doors are closed, there are no lights, it's dark inside [half the normal hit rate] and it has been ruined*

There is a group of eight other zombies here.

On your inventory, Flare guns have crap hit rates but do a bit of damage. I mainly use them to ignite somebody I've soaked with a fuel can, even then I need about 20 or so to be sure I'll hit them. Binoculars are no good, I never kept them. Fire axe is a handy melee weapon, make sure you max out the skills for it if you're not going to keep gun. Pistol ammo & shotgun shell..well you need the guns first but you've plenty of spare room in your inventory so I wouldn't chuck them.

You can stumble across zombies by keeping your eyes open when moving outside buildings, adjacent blocks will show zombies if there are any standing outside buildings. Killing zombies outside is a trenchcoater's move, look that one up in the wiki :D

Thanks for the advice TouchingVirus :)

Thanks for the advice TouchingVirus :)

No problems at all, if you do run into TouchingVirus be sure to say hello, he's my only survivor that plays the pro-survivor game...

UDtoolbar (Firefox) - http://udtoolbar.mozdev.org. Introduces a nice..umm..everything. Nicer UI (replaces solid blocks in the maps with pictures albeit with some tiny bugs like pictures not being displayed in ruined buildings, nothing serious). Drop down menus, graphical inventory and statistics (HP / AP / XP / Encumbrance). Creates a link for the suburb name on the UD map that brings you to a map of malton where you can plot routes. The link also has your X,Y co-ordinates so no need to pick up a GPS Receiver :) Also includes a firefox toolbar but I turn that off because it looks ugly.

UDwidget (Firefox, will need Nightly Tester Tools to force compatibility) - Add iWitness capability (think HTML-based screenshots) that takes screenshots of everything on your UD screen whenever you want.

Also introduces expand profiles (so you can see who is in a group, what groups, what skills etc) and can also expand zombie names. Zombie names are not visible unless a zombie attacks you, speaks, takes down a barricade or gestures at something. Then the following appears (for example)
    a zombie said 'Graaagh'

The 'a zombie' bit is a link to their profile, once you add them to your contacts you can distinguish them from the mob of zombies (There are 8 zombies here. You recognise OMGAZOMBIE instead of the usual There are 8 zombies here).

With UDWidget and expand zombie names turned on the 'a zombie said graaaagh' turns into 'a zombie ( OMGAZOMBIE ) said graaagh', it's very handy to see which zombie is doing what but be warned, there's work ongoing for a new version of the names expander because it hangs if you meet a zombie with part of the name being zombie (e.g. firefox will hang for 20 seconds if you meet a zombie called Sea Zombie) ...so I wouldn't advise turning on the names expander unless you have to :D

My zombie was rudely combat revived, so I'm now working as a ZAMBAH SPY :eek::eek::eek:

OH NOSE! SPAIZ:eek: KILL IT.
    :D

Wasn't paying proper attention yesterday, so ended up running out of buildings and not being able to get back into one. Logged in this morning to find I'm a Z. Waiting now at a cemetary after requesting revivification.

crap, running low on AP! where in Shearbakn ISN'T barricaded too high??

I warned you Ruu ....Ruu1 had it coming to him :p

ruu1deadzd3.gif

• Advertisement

crap, running low on AP! where in Shearbakn ISN'T barricaded too high??
    Try Bridle Museum[51,23], it used to be an entry point for the mall. Or the cathedral just west of it. if you can.

Spying is fun

Shouldn't you be studying:P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

In the mall in Penny Heights at the moment, have 12 Rev syringes if anyone is in need.

I'm in need, was revived yesterday, but infected, so died again :(
    I'm in Roftwood though, in Fernie Grove [67,51]
    In Edgecombe, Moon Way [70-53] requested revivication there already.

Got revived, and moved a little, but am still infected :(
    So low HP and low AP too :(

LD 50 wrote: »
    Try Bridle Museum[51,23], it used to be an entry point for the mall. Or the cathedral just west of it. if you can.

Thanks for the help LD 50. people should FOLLOW the barricade plan!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hi all,

Was just browsing boards and came across this forum. Urban dead seems like a really good game. Is there any advice for a newbie getting into this?

I was just wondering whats the best character to start as, i have browsed the pages( bored at work all day :D) and it seems the best choice is a fireman or police man and to stick with a group until your at a decent enough level and have reasonable equipment before taking on the hoards of undead.

Any advice is greatly welcome. Im going set it up as soon as im home, thanks to super strict IT rules i cannot access the website. :mad:
    Hope to see some of ye soon and il post any updates in the mean time.

gavredking wrote: »
    Hi all,

Was just browsing boards and came across this forum. Urban dead seems like a really good game. Is there any advice for a newbie getting into this?

I was just wondering whats the best character to start as, i have browsed the pages( bored at work all day :D) and it seems the best choice is a fireman or police man and to stick with a group until your at a decent enough level and have reasonable equipment before taking on the hoards of undead.

Any advice is greatly welcome. Im going set it up as soon as im home, thanks to super strict IT rules i cannot access the website. :mad:
    Hope to see some of ye soon and il post any updates in the mean time.
    I'd say the best character to start as would be the scout. Free Running allows you to run between buildings without going outside, and allowing you to free run into buildings caded higher than Very Strong Barricade. Have a look at TouchingVirus' post, a load of good info there.
    Thanks for the help LD 50. people should FOLLOW the barricade plan!:mad:
    I haven't been in that area in a while, so I wasn't too sure what would be accesable(sp?). Did you get in? If you need a revive, there's Allder row[53,21], or the YRC at [45,17] in Yagoton.

I'm getting so bored with this. Any exciting sieges I can rush to?

• Advertisement

i fount a social networking site dedicated to Urban Dead. it's "similar" to bebo or Myspace, but only has a few members as of yet. I just joined, so i figured i'd tell y'all about it:D

http://udspace.ning.com/

Advertisement