Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Dead - Online Game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

c - 13 wrote: »
    Theres supposedly zombies spreading south from Kinch heights so everyone in the Buttonville suburb would want to make sure they're inside.

There was a zom right outside Ranson PD earlier, which is unusual, usually i have to go further north to find them.

Ive killed about 4 now in the past few days which were just hanging around outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭diddley

This game is really confusing me, I joined yesterday. How do you get XP points if u cant kill zombies? Theres barely anywhere to go cos everywheres barricaded & i'm basically just waitin for zombies in a church with 2 other randomers. What do I do?! aahh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

diddley wrote: »
    This game is really confusing me, I joined yesterday. How do you get XP points if u cant kill zombies? Theres barely anywhere to go cos everywheres barricaded & i'm basically just waitin for zombies in a church with 2 other randomers. What do I do?! aahh

Make your way to buttonville, Ranson Police Department is only strongly barricaded therefore you can still get in. When there keep searching the place to find guns and ammo. Once you are stocked up take to the streets (while remaining in the vacinty of Ranson) and search for zombies to build XP.

It will take a while but once you start to upskill it will pick up. Work on upskilling with Free Running and firearms effectiveness (start with pistol) first.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

faceman wrote: »
    Make your way to buttonville, Ranson Police Department is only strongly barricaded therefore you can still get in. When there keep searching the place to find guns and ammo. Once you are stocked up take to the streets (while remaining in the vacinty of Ranson) and search for zombies to build XP.

It will take a while but once you start to upskill it will pick up. Work on upskilling with Free Running and firearms effectiveness (start with pistol) first.
    Yeah thats what i did. Thinks got very easy. I hit the views per day limit and forogt about my charactor. So I became a zombie. Lasted a good while lol.
    Went to the cemetry in shackville. Waiting on a revive so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

I'm Hungie, just joined, man I'm confused.
    Ah, man, out of AP, already, and all I've done is blunder around avoiding zombies and finding wine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

im in Bowring Way Police Dept
    [20, 98]
    in spicerhills, making my way towards buttonville at last,been levelling up a bit in Blackwatch territory

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Can someone explain the following radio transmission for me please ?
    # 26.84 MHz: "who the hell rezed cool nyou" (23 hours and 23 minutes ago)
    # 26.84 MHz: "Tasty Snack ( id=969049 )revived Cool nYou" (21 hours and 52 minutes ago)
    # 26.84 MHz: "Tasty Snacks current location is NW corner Buckley Mall" (21 hours and 51 minutes ago)
    # 26.84 MHz: "Tasty Snack is KOS for reviving a known Pker and gker." (21 hours and 49 minutes ago)

Just curious to know what that means. Also is there some way they tracked his location or dis someone most likely just see him in Buckley mall ?

Can someone explain the following radio transmission for me please ?

Just curious to know what that means. Also is there some way they tracked his location or dis someone most likely just see him in Buckley mall ?
    "Tasty Snack is KOS(kill on sight?) for reviving a known Pker(player who kills other human players) and gker(?)."
    thats all i got.

Nerin wrote: »
    "Tasty Snack is KOS(kill on sight?) for reviving a known Pker(player who kills other human players) and gker(?)."
    thats all i got.

Ah sweet thanks. I'm not too well up on the lingo used on the game. I've come across a few PKers myself alright ... bastards.

I'm guessing zombies attacking fellow zombies is not considered good ettiquite either ? I've had a few zombies attack my z.

Ah sweet thanks. I'm not too well up on the lingo used on the game. I've come across a few PKers myself alright ... bastards.

I'm guessing zombies attacking fellow zombies is not considered good ettiquite either ? I've had a few zombies attack my z.
    ive no idea on zombie rules, but pkers are a pain, especially powerful ones. players get two scared to all attack one guy who just shot new people :mad:

• Advertisement

Gah, My zombies been revived to human form again. If I wanted to be turned it wouldn't happen ! :(

Now i have to go find someone to kill me again (or wait until my HP goes by using AP)

Nerin wrote: »
    ive no idea on zombie rules, but pkers are a pain, especially powerful ones. players get two scared to all attack one guy who just shot new people :mad:

If you do get attacked by a PK'r, click his profile and broadcast or speak in your location quoting his profile link saying he's a PK'r. Genuine players in the game have no time for them and someone will look after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Whittenside is riddled with zombies. there are people fighting them here too so if you want to get xp points here would be a good place to start because there is weak zombies here!! i unfortunately got bitten

Im moved me arse to the buckley mall (In buttonville) because I have a skill that allows me to select the store i am searching and im finding weapons alot easier.

For those that are interested the map below shows where the concentration of zombies are at the moment. As you can see, they are getting closer...

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Suburb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Well I killed my first zombie a few days ago and today beat the living sheet out of one with a newspaper. :) Getting the hang of it but taking a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I'm slowly working up xp, still @ a 10% chance of hitting i spent all of today's points missing a stationary zombie with an axe.

made it to ranson police station at last :p

Im going to be heading back to ranson tomorrow. Ive picked up plenty of ammo and a first aid kit too.

Ruu wrote: »
    Well I killed my first zombie a few days ago and today beat the living sheet out of one with a newspaper. :) Getting the hang of it but taking a while.

Forever the pacifist! ;)

Also just made it to Ranson. Hopefully I'll get to actually kill a zombie soon, I still only have something like 7 XP...

• Advertisement

ha, missed ya there faceman :p
    went back to the police station,feel safer in them,as malls get alot of pkers :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Just added you Nerin, am logged out now though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Haven't read thread. Just signed in for the first time in like a year and got this:
    Your IP address has accessed this server too many times today.

In order to keep the server running smoothly and to prevent multi-character abuse, players are only allowed to hit the Urban Dead site 160 times from a single machine (or IP address), per day. Either:-

* you've used your limit up yourself,
    * you're sharing a computer or a network with someone who's used up the IP address's limit, or
    * you're using an ISP (such as AOL) that reuses a very small range of IP addresses.

See the FAQ for a fuller explanation of this, and some workarounds if it's your ISP's problem.

I've added Nerin and c-13, hope you don't mind.

Barricades were down to light in Ranson PD this morning. Put them back up to VSB+2
    cautioner wrote: »
    I've added Nerin and c-13, hope you don't mind.

No worries. Whats your username I dont see anyone in Ranson PD that might be you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Am Fr Crilly - Currently sleeping in Raikes Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I'm near Dollen Alley in Mockridge, wait 3 days to get revived, then have zombies smash down the barricades in wherever I'm hiding and get killed again.
    Repeat ad-nausem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Started this a few days ago. I'm a scientist but not having much luck scanning the zombies. Most of them are already done and with others it just keeps saying possible cortex damage - please try again. I've only got 8xp :(. And lol I've got about 10 pistol clips but no pistol. Any advice? It's going to be a while till I can get 100xp and buy some skills.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm by a junkyard a few squares right of buttonville, trying to get back to human but don't know how. Think there is some reviving think in buttonville.

• Advertisement

Creature wrote: »
    Started this a few days ago. I'm a scientist but not having much luck scanning the zombies. Most of them are already done and with others it just keeps saying possible cortex damage - please try again. I've only got 8xp :(. And lol I've got about 10 pistol clips but no pistol. Any advice? It's going to be a while till I can get 100xp and buy some skills.

Search inside police stations to find weapons and ammunition. Hospitals for first aid kits etc. When you get XP and buy the "Shopping" skill you can go to malls and choose which store to loot.

The cortex damage is a skill that zombies can buy that make them harder to DNA scan.
    I'm by a junkyard a few squares right of buttonville, trying to get back to human but don't know how. Think there is some reviving think in buttonville.

Most cemeteries have people watching them to revive (IIRC). I've been revived randomly several times. Either that or find your way to a Necrotech building and wait outside ?

Advertisement