Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Dead - Online Game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Yeah just move around a bit until you find some, while your moving keep an eye out for any other strongly barricaded buildings you can rest in. One thing to note is to avoid attacking zombies in cemetaries, as those are really people wanting to play as humans again, so getting attacked while you are there is very annoying for the zombie.

You should look up a group to join, that's where most of the fun is, especially when you are starting off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah just move around a bit until you find some, while your moving keep an eye out for any other strongly barricaded buildings you can rest in. One thing to note is to avoid attacking zombies in cemetaries, as those are really people wanting to play as humans again, so getting attacked while you are there is very annoying for the zombie.

You should look up a group to join, that's where most of the fun is, especially when you are starting off.

Cool, thanks. Is there a Boards group?

nkay1985 wrote: »

There used to but it looks like its gone inactive, hopefully someone else will reply with info on it, if not I can give you a list of good groups to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Well, I just got Zombified. BRAAAAAAAAIIIIIIINNNNNS. . .

Well, I just got Zombified. BRAAAAAAAAIIIIIIINNNNNS. . .

Hmmm seems the exact same thing happened to me.

Now I'm a zombie. I had just about figured out what I was doing as a survivor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

nkay1985 wrote: »

There was quite an active boardsie team. We have a private forum, I can give you access if you wish.

Most lost interest after a series of trolls began to ruin the game.

Might log back in and fight the good fight again :D

There was quite an active boardsie team. We have a private forum, I can give you access if you wish.

Most lost interest after a series of trolls began to ruin the game.

Might log back in and fight the good fight again :D

Well if you're getting the old band back together, I'd like to learn from people who know what to do!

I pretty much have fun as either, so I do not get too
    worried. I have been chowing down on survivors for
    a while now and will level up soon.

Might try and get revived after that.
    Until then, anyone with a pulse best watch out :D

I pretty much have fun as either, so I do not get too
    worried. I have been chowing down on survivors for
    a while now and will level up soon.

Might try and get revived after that.
    Until then, anyone with a pulse best watch out :D

Someone revived me while I was logged out so just re-started my life as a human there.

Killed another human, now waiting at a revive point. Wish me luck,
    I could be a fellow survivor again soon.

Trying to decide if I want free running or something else.

• Advertisement

Killed another human, now waiting at a revive point. Wish me luck,
    I could be a fellow survivor again soon.

Trying to decide if I want free running or something else.

Definitely get free running, it makes playing as a survivor a lot easier.

It's good to see someone else who enjoys being a zombie though :)

That was my thinking. But my combat as a survivor is pretty poor.

Ah well unless I get revived won't matter anyway.

Haha I started as a Zombie when I first logged in, it was only when
    I got turned into a human, I saw how fun that is too.

I'll log on tomorrow and have a look at the Zombie skills again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

got killed by a human so now that i'm revived, i'm going hunting ;)

That was my thinking. But my combat as a survivor is pretty poor.

Ah well unless I get revived won't matter anyway.

Haha I started as a Zombie when I first logged in, it was only when
    I got turned into a human, I saw how fun that is too.

I'll log on tomorrow and have a look at the Zombie skills again.
    Remember though free running makes it way easier to stay alive and use those combat skills;-) plus searching for ammo takes ages in this game, get the axe skills before shooting i think.

What i've done is set up 2 characters, one who is exclusively zombie and the other mostly human. Playing as a zombie with brain rot is a lot of fun:-D

got killed by a human so now that i'm revived, i'm going hunting ;)

Hunting is fun but tough without good info, especially now that the rogues gallery doesnt work,post up here the culprit and location and someone might be able to help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Hunting is fun but tough without good info, especially now that the rogues gallery doesnt work,post up here the culprit and location and someone might be able to help :)

cheers, his name is "Redteam"

Revived, zombified, revived and zombified. All in two days.
    At least my experience is going up quickly.

cheers, his name is "Redteam"

Did you have any luck finding him? I didnt come across him at all I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sprontalic2

Hi guys. I'm spron from The Fortress and I'm here as an ambassador (not the drinking of course...*ahem, shifty eyes*)

So where's the party at? :D

Hi guys. I'm spron from The Fortress and I'm here as an ambassador (not the drinking of course...*ahem, shifty eyes*)

So where's the party at? :D

I decided to explore the fine city and I am currently relaxing in Swansborough Road Fire Station, in Earletown.
    I am just after using my free running skills,
    for the first time, as I got turned almost instantly after buying it.

When some of my AP replenishes I am going on the hunt for Zeds and will
    probably end up involved in shenanigans. Hopefully :)

• Advertisement

Ah I was just in Earletown not too long ago. Things are a bit quiet up there eh?

If you've got nothing planned, maybe you can join on of our combat teams on our op? Do you guys have a private forum? We can chat over it there if possible (this forum is a little too...public for my liking :p)

Ah I was just in Earletown not too long ago. Things are a bit quiet up there eh?

If you've got nothing planned, maybe you can join on of our combat teams on our op? Do you guys have a private forum? We can chat over it there if possible (this forum is a little too...public for my liking :p)

Not too quiet, just got into a fist fight with three Zeds, managed to get a nice bit of experience, before legging it back to my safehouse.

Loving the free running skill :D

A fist fight eh? how badass :D are we taking bets for the fight?

Feel free to sat phone me at 897-5515 if you get a bit bored.

A fist fight eh? how badass :D are we taking bets for the fight?

Feel free to sat phone me at 897-5515 if you get a bit bored.

Sorry dont have a sat phone. Where can I get one?

Check it out here: http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Dss_satellite_phone

It's an external script that works the same as the mobile phone in game but doesn't rely on mobile phone masts and doesn't need AP to use (a bit cheaty yes, but very useful for communicating and coordinating). :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Logged in for the first time in nearly a year, when I left there was virtually no safe areas left... it's done a complete 180, very few massively dangerous areas now. I'm in Pitneybank, anything happening nearby? Also, has anyone got tips for getting XP, it's soul destroying attacking a Zach 50 times and only doing damage to him twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 RoddyWinters

Hi there Batm!ke. I'm not in the official Boardsies UD group but I have been an ally of theirs for quite a while now, I'm with the Knights Templar group. The last I heard they were still in Kempsterbank but I haven't seen or heard from them in a long time. I hope they make a comeback someday. They are great people to hang out with in the game.

Anyway, the best way for new survivors to level up is by healing injured players with first aid kits. As you probably know, they can be found in hospitals. It is hard to get the first couple of levels under your belt for sure. It can be frustrating, but after about level 3 or 4 things really take off and you'll be an old pro in no time.

The first skill EVERYONE should have is Free Running. That will make life much more bearable. So as soon as you can, get that one no matter what.

If you have a hard time finding wounded survivors, you will have to do the best you can with finding zombies and just hacking at them for a while.

I hope this helps you a little. Hang in there and good luck!

Roddy Winters
    Knights Templar

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Back in Malton again. Enjoying it. like old days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Logged in last night for the first time in, most be about a yearr if not longer.

I'm Z now, but would like to be turnd back and help out when I can, last time I was around here we we're all in Kempersbank I think anyway.

Well I'm a Z in K-bank at the moment if anyone can direct me where to go to meet up with Boardies and get a revive I'd be happy to help once im back to life. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

gavredking wrote: »
    Logged in last night for the first time in, most be about a yearr if not longer.

I'm Z now, but would like to be turnd back and help out when I can, last time I was around here we we're all in Kempersbank I think anyway.

Well I'm a Z in K-bank at the moment if anyone can direct me where to go to meet up with Boardies and get a revive I'd be happy to help once im back to life. :pac:

Hey gav - shamble to Hensler Walk or Ebbutt Road in Kbank and we'll get to ya. I have AP and some needles currently.

Advertisement