Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Dead - Online Game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

K, thanks, I'll head to cemetary in buttonville.
    Are your zombie points and human points seperate or if you spend some on a skill as a zombie you lose them as a human too?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

K, thanks, I'll head to cemetary in buttonville.
    Are your zombie points and human points seperate or if you spend some on a skill as a zombie you lose them as a human too?

Yean your XP is combined so you can spend them on either skill sets.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ok cool, apparantly I'm a level 7 zombie.
    joined 2005-10-18 17:36:01
    Skills:

* Basic Firearms Training (Player gets +25% to hit with all firearms attacks.)
    o Shotgun Training (An extra +25% to hit with a shotgun.)

* Hand-to-Hand Combat (+15% to melee attacks.)

* Body Building (Player has a maximum of 60 Hit Points instead of 50.)

* Digestion (Whenever the zombie deals bite damage, it gains HP equal to the damage dealt.)

* Vigour Mortis (Zombie gets +10% to hit with all non-weapon attacks.)
    o Neck Lurch (Zombie gets an extra +10% to hit with bite attacks.)
    Have added groupname as boardsies, dunno what else to do.
    Name: TarAldarion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Okay so some retard called stealthyfreak just destroyed the generator in Ranson PD. WTF was the point in that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

c - 13 wrote: »
    Search inside police stations to find weapons and ammunition. Hospitals for first aid kits etc. When you get XP and buy the "Shopping" skill you can go to malls and choose which store to loot.

The cortex damage is a skill that zombies can buy that make them harder to DNA scan.

Thanks c-13 but is there any other way to get xp aside from extracing zombie DNA? And am I right in thinking that I shouldn't even bother attacking zombies since I'm only a scientist, and a beginner one at that?

• Advertisement

The easiest way I found (although its very frustrating at first) is to try attack and kill zombies. I started out as a civilian fireman so I had axe proficiency to start which helped me a bit. As you level up you can buy additional skill such as advanced firearm training that will allow you to put your chance of hitting up to about 65%.

Another way is tagging certain buildings with a spraypaint can (I think this requires the graffiti artist skill though).

Or another is by healing wounded chars (or even zombies) by using first aid kits that you pick up in hospitals. You can buy a skill to double the amount that you heal a person too (thus giving double EXP for you too).

The first few levels are very frustrating tbh you will miss more often than hit but persever with it. Its actually quit good when you pick up a level or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

c - 13 wrote:
    No worries. Whats your username I dont see anyone in Ranson PD that might be you ?
    Username Hungie: http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1289143
    As you can see I'm still at crappy frustrating level one, I've got a sh!tload of guns and ammo now though so hopefully I can kill something soon.

Oh great, someone revivified my Scientist character, he was my first one and died straight away so I've not been having the best of fun with him...

cautioner wrote: »
    Username Hungie: http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1289143
    As you can see I'm still at crappy frustrating level one, I've got a sh!tload of guns and ammo now though so hopefully I can kill something soon.

Oh great, someone revivified my Scientist character, he was my first one and died straight away so I've not been having the best of fun with him...

You have to make sure that you're inside before you run out of AP.

You can only access buildings that are Very Strongly Barricaded (VSB) or less. Any building thats higher can only be accessed using the free running skill.

If you're out in the open without protection for any length of time your gone (usually).

Yeah, I've been going OK with my main policeman character, made all those mistakes with my Scientist, oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

ok necro tech skills..... what the hell does a dna scan do?

• Advertisement

i need the loaction of a necrotech building in wyke jills. i have been a zombie for too long. and with the maximum fire arm up grade and shooping upgrade nots so bad i have so much guns and ammo cant wait to head out hunting

HOw high can your levels go? I just checked my buddy list, a few people all level 37 for some reason there, seem to be inactive.

Martron wrote: »
    i need the loaction of a necrotech building in wyke jills. i have been a zombie for too long. and with the maximum fire arm up grade and shooping upgrade nots so bad i have so much guns and ammo cant wait to head out hunting

Full list of all NT buildings can be found here

Should I be attacking stealthyfreak or what's his story?

cheers man. wandering round too long as a ombie. for like a week. wasting good xp earning time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭reregholdsworth

i'm a zombie - i killed some people and destroyed a gennie.
    need more xp, any tips?

Anyone in the vicinity of West Grayside one of the supply crates has landed in Ambrose street. These are supposedly chocka with FAK's and ammo.

Theres a few zombies in the vicinity (myself included however). I'm going to be a good sport and not destroy it, not saying that other Z's wont though.

Martron wrote: »
    cheers man. wandering round too long as a ombie. for like a week. wasting good xp earning time

Can you not just earn xp as a zombie?

Anyone in the vicinity of West Grayside one of the supply crates has landed in Ambrose street. These are supposedly chocka with FAK's and ammo.

Theres a few zombies in the vicinity (myself included however). I'm going to be a good sport and not destroy it, not saying that other Z's wont though.

how do you know what a supply crate looks like or does it just tell you there is a supply crate

what is this thing about supply crates?
    i've not seen any notices.
    Do they just fall randomly? Or do I have to keep my eye out
    for radio announcements? Are the cities in radio contact with
    the outside world?

On another note - which type of character do people prefer?

• Advertisement

I can never feckin' play, it says that the script has been accessed 160 times in one day blah blah. :/

I can never feckin' play, it says that the script has been accessed 160 times in one day blah blah. :/

Are you not willing to part with five dollars for guaranteed fun times?

Heh, Anyway, using my computer skills I can now play.
    I am in a cemetary in whittenside, is that a revival point no? There are 7 other zombies here.

Heh, Anyway, using my computer skills I can now play.
    I am in a cemetary in whittenside, is that a revival point no? There are 7 other zombies here.

can you share your wisdom? or do i have to do a futile google search?

Just use a proxy

Just made a guy on monroeville, anybody else on that city?

Just use a proxy

where can i buy one of those?

Lol. Google proxy server. Enter the site and then enter urbandead.com in the url bar, it basically connects you to a server and that server connects to the site you want to go to. It is unlikey that that server will have been on urbandead so it works fine and there are thousands of proxy servers if one does not work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I got one in Wykeville (can't remember where abouts), got 2 fuel cans and a portable generator.

• Advertisement

There is one where I am it the cemetary as above, I bit it twice but it is fine lol. Come and get it and revive me. :p

Advertisement