Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International music

Options
  • 23-05-2008 11:03am

can anyone here recommend some heavy bands? i really want to broaden my musical scope. that includes listening to bands from other countries. i don't know what it is, but people in ireland seem particularly hostile to bands that don't speak english. so it's really hard for me to find anything.
    i've already discovered visual kei and japanese indies. but want to move on to bands from other parts of asia/south america/etc.
    any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

Theres Manu Ciao- but you've probably heard of him already, he sings in English,French,Portugeuse,Spanish.

Sepultura are a heavy metal band from Brazil- they sing most of their songs in English but do have a good few songs sung in Portoguese.

The Cocteau twins are from Scotland but their singer (Elizabeth Fraser) sings in her own weird language- pretty cool though.

The American heavy metal band Obituary do a similar thing.

Magma are a french jazz band who have their own invented language.

There is of course a few Irish bands who sing in Gaeilge- don't know much about them though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

ZakAttak wrote: »
    (Emma Frasier)

:confused:

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

Hermy wrote: »
    :confused:

I'm sorry that should have been Elizabeth and not Emma Fraser- I've edited it accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

While they're not Asian........... (Belgian)

How about AKA MOON..... ?

I saw them in Dublin a few years ago and they were amazing !!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FkLucK2OyT4

Advertisement