Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fell off the back of a truck

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

This will be noticed by the vendor quickly enough. It will most likely when the other party receives a wrong order of 1 media player instead of the 20 that they ordered. At that point they will raise the red flag and the investigation will commence. If the vendor has decent systems in place it wouldn't be long to get to the bottom of this. It would still rely on your honesty to confirm that you had recieved the incorrect order if asked. I would be very surprised if this went beyond six months.

Do the right thing and inform them. You never know you might get a reward. At the very least your conscience would be clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

axer wrote: »
    The packages went out. They have a record of that so why would the employee be suspect? Who's to say that the person who sent it out was not a manager or the owner of the company? Either way it is irrelevant. Do you think that by sending the items back you somehow save someones job, feed their family etc etc?

EDIT: BTW I am don't think the OP should keep them but that has nothing to do with whether someone loses their job or not. If they do it regularly i.e. fu'ck up like this, then they should lose their job. If it was a once off fu'ck-up then they wouldn't lose their jobs whether the items are sent back or not. Actually it would be failure of the company (incl managers who create the systems, policies etc.) to not notice the items were sent to the wrong person and to not demand them back - if they do ask for the items back then the company can pick them up and they get back their 2k worth of mp3 players - end of story.

I entirely agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The Op should complain to the company that he didn't receive his original order either. They'll probably have to send him another of that too as someone else likely got his instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I would test the water and not tell them for a month or two. See what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I broke my mp3 player todayy

• Advertisement
Advertisement