Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox FRAPS?

• 23-05-2008 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Is there some sort of in game recording software for xbox to record game play? I see videos of it but have no idea how they got it, apart from using their phone or some form of recorder, but that's just really sad, and i know some games have a recording feature, then do they just put it onto their PC through the media thing? But is there a general one for all games Like fraps on the pc.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I dont think such a app exists for the xbox :( I'm guessing reviewers use a capture device to record videos, sorry man :(

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah they'd normally have the xbox outputting its signal to a PC with a TV card on the low-end or a proper capture card on the high end, and then use applications on the PC to record the video and encode it using whatever codec they prefer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Hmm so tricky enough then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Dazzle Video Creator Platinum is a USB capture card. Records in PAL-60 too if your looking for something to capture gameplay from your Xbox. Shame FRAPS doesn't work with Xbox >:(

Advertisement