Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutri-grain Bars ???????????

Options
  • 23-05-2008 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

im sticking to the weight watchers diet

i usually have weetabix and skimmed milk in the morning , but if i was in a rush would 1 of these be ok ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

They're full of sugar. I believe there is more sugar in them than a Mars Bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

hunter164 wrote: »
    I believe there is more sugar in them than a Mars Bar.

+1

I checked the website and the first two ingredients on the nutri-grain bars are high fructose corn syrup and corn syrup followed shortly by glycerin and sugar. Nutritionally speaking that is awful.My advice would be to have some fruit if you're in a rush.

http://www.nutri-grain.com/CerealBars.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'd say no because they are full of refined sugar.

If you're on the run then try to have some glendisk youghurts in the fridge and some fruit as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

wheabix is fairly rubbish also

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭hairymolly

You could make your own fat free cereal bars which are alot more nutricious and easy to make. I did and was amazed that my son actually liked them. Give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Any chance of a recipe for those cereal bars hairymolly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Evenescent

Transform wrote: »
    wheabix is fairly rubbish also

Why is it rubbish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Evenescent wrote: »
    Why is it rubbish?

As with a lot of processed cereals the sugar and sodium content could be better. However Weetabix are not THAT bad they have a medium GL per serving and are a good source of fiber they're just not in the same league as oatmeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

cozmik wrote: »
    As with a lot of processed cereals the sugar and sodium content could be better. However Weetabix are not THAT bad they have a medium GL per serving and are a good source of fiber they're just not in the same league as oatmeal.
    They are a refined carb and yes they are not terrible but still a very long way of the best - purely depends on goals really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement