Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good lord, patching sucks!

Options
  • 23-05-2008 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭

took forever to install the two dvd's,
    like 20 minutes or something.. get myself all prepared to start chopping heads,

bottle of coke, ice cold buds, chocolate, crisps, smokes, ashtray.. yes i'm a slob!

so its installed well and good, and i was expecting a patch or two..

and a patch or two i got.. then more... then more.. how many patches are there? should i put me beer back in the fridge? its downloading a 632mb patch now, and i've heard there's a 1.2gig patch too? what the hell?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Had mine installed since Tuesday thanks to link on this forum from static.
    Getting a small update right now as im about to play retail version :)

I reckon its great to see them working so much on improving the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it is of course yes, but but but.. i wanna play lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah Installing mine now ! got mine for 50 bucks with the mammoth mount and didnt even pre-book :D

You guys on fury PvP yeah ? We should hook up, ill buy ya an ale ! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

fury seems to be the place to be.
    I'm going to 'tidy' rollcall thread in a bit and remove the chit chat leaving only people who have actually rolled, so people can have a good idea of who's where.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Hopefully going to pick this up at lunch. patch hell :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

I'm going to 'tidy' rollcall thread in a bit and remove the chit chat leaving only people who have actually rolled, so people can have a good idea of who's where.

It's more effort but using the first post as a list and editing it as more people post who/where they are is better imo(ala WoW progression thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ack. This is why PC gaming does my head in, bloody patches. Still picked up the collector's edition in GAME in the Square Tallaght today without a pre-order and they had a few left if anyone's looking. Gonna roll a Tempest of Set tonight and get stuck in. Is Fury a PvP server? Can't stand PvE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

Just got mine now, got the mammoth mount without pre-booking as well:D
    My xps 1530 arrived this morning coincidently so i'm ready to go..........but with weather like this i'll have to hold off for a few more hours:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Rolled tempest of set on Fury pvp and spent last hour getting ganked from higher lvl players,total bull**** tbh.
    Off to a pve server i think to sample that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You can avoid the pvp area and still level.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've heard a lot of people complaining about retards constantly killing low level characters, and camping spawn points. Funcom will need to implement something to stop, or at least lessen this i think. Still going to roll on a PvP server, and will keep the names of anyone who really pisses me off for later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

-install Conan
    ****insuffecient space
    -uninstall social life
    -install conan
    ****insuffecient space
    -uninstall job
    -install conan
    -launch conan
    -patch
    ****insuffecient space

:p