Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams in a week

• 23-05-2008 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi
    I am sitting the ACCA F4 and F5 the week after next. IS anybody sitting these exams because for the first time ever i am feeling some pressure. Normally by this stage i am on to answering past papers and pure revision but i feel i still haven't finished covering the course.
    In the Law i still have all the last section to read ( Fraudulent trading) and in Performance Management i still have the last section too.
    Is it possible to pass still or am I doomed??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I am not sitting those exams but I am sitting exams right , just put the head down ,its never as bad as it seems!Good luck with the exams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

I did F4 in December and got 64%. it's not that difficult at all.

* Make sure that you use bullet format to gain quick marks

* For each case study question I suggest the following format:
    - State the area of law in question. Ideally state the applicable Act
    - Describe how the situation described in the question relates to the law and the issues involved.
    - Conclude with a probable outcome by applying the law to the situation

* For the other style questions make sure that you read the question and answer only what they are asking
    * I only used 1 to 1.5 pages for each question.
    * No Bull S@#t, just answer what you've been asked.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭lochie

Got these tips off passmagazine.com as recommended by my lecturer. not sure how good it is but sure have a look anyways

acca tips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭Ms Inquisitive

Really starting to panic now! I've never been so unprepared so close to an exam but while in the working full-time and studying part-time, I'm finding it hard to cope. And I don't finish work until next Friday.

Anyone got any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

I am sitting f4 and f5 and like the OP I havent even finished course text and not looked at the exams questions yet, there is so much to it. Guess no one out there has any tips on what material could be left out, especially on F4 there is so much theory to it. F5 seems manageable. Can anyone tell me can you pass the exams without stating all articles of certain acts like companies law act 1963.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

jessie37 wrote: »
    I am sitting f4 and f5 and like the OP I havent even finished course text and not looked at the exams questions yet, there is so much to it. Guess no one out there has any tips on what material could be left out, especially on F4 there is so much theory to it. F5 seems manageable. Can anyone tell me can you pass the exams without stating all articles of certain acts like companies law act 1963.

Hi Jessie,

The exam can definitely be passed without quoting acts, if you do know them then you will a high score if ya don't then you will probably get 60% of the marks on offer in my experience anyway. Best of luck anyway....

Advertisement