Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant log in :(

Options
  • 23-05-2008 11:54am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok game ready to roll but when i try to log in it says authentication failed blah blah blah.
    When i log in to account page with my account name and password i can access it no problem.
    It just wont let me into the game.
    Any ideas guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

From the US forums:
    Several user are receiving an Authentication Failure error when logging into the game. This is generally cause because you have not correctly registered your retail key to your account. To do this please do the following:

* Log into https://register.ageofconan.com and sign in using your Age of Conan account.
    * At the top of your account maangement screen will be a notice "Attention Early Access players". Under this notice there is a box to enter in your Retail CD Key. This key can be located inside your retail box (usually on the manual). Click Submit Key after typing in the key.
    * The next page should explain what you will gain with this key. At the bottom there should be a large red box (possibly 2). Click GO! next to the option that you want. I would suggest upgrading your current account so that you tie in your preorder bonuses.
    * Click Upgrade Subscription on the next page.
    * The next page should say: "Success - Upgrade Subscription - Subscription upgraded" in green. If it did you should now be able to log into your account.

If you have followed this process exactly and you are not able to log into your account then you probably have the wrong client installed.

There's another fix but I don't think it'd work on the EU client, if that doesn't work for you I'll post it though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nevermind panic over,im in now,,cant understand it though as i retyped details many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Dcully i think im getting the same **** you did, when i try to login it says "Universe manager connection error" and thats it, any idea what to do to fix ? :(

Help Meh !!!!! :(

Edit: Nevermind, i figured i needed to update it, duh ! i just went straight into game and figured id need to login first to start some automatic updater :P But found the other .exe in gamefile :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Lunatik72

Tried to register my key here https://register.ageofconan.com/account but it wont accept it. Heard a friend has the same prob.

Anyone got an idea?

He said he can log into the game though.

Seems they have a database error, nice start :cool:

• Advertisement

no just make sure to upgrade your game, use the conanpatch thingy in the game folder. i was messing around with account crap for ages till i realised it was updating it needed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭odarallo

To be honest im sick of the game already. I got it at 1pm today. Started install and it was taking forever so decided to check was anything running in background. Then pc jammed up so had to restart. Restarted comp started install again 4.3 hours later game is 50% installed. To be fair i know the game is huge, but the install time is a joke. Then need to download a patch not good start really :(

Anyway peeps hope its going well for ya'll

Oda!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hmm, i cant login either. Have activated my key, and according to the account management page, but it still says authentication failed....****ers

Ok, got in now, but i cant play on Fury. Its full for **** sake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

odarallo wrote: »
    To be honest im sick of the game already. I got it at 1pm today. Started install and it was taking forever so decided to check was anything running in background. Then pc jammed up so had to restart. Restarted comp started install again 4.3 hours later game is 50% installed. To be fair i know the game is huge, but the install time is a joke. Then need to download a patch not good start really :(

Anyway peeps hope its going well for ya'll

Oda!

Mine was done in less than 20 minutes. The 2 hours to format the 500gb hard drive I was too lazy to setup until I needed it for this though, was alot to take...

Still, maybe you should see if there is something wrong with your dvd drive or if it is really slow. That doesnt seem normal.

Information
    You have recieved a broken cdkey
    Please read the information below for further assistance

Information

Thank you for entering your key.

We apologize that your key is part of a batch that needs to be swapped to allow user registration.

To swap your key please contact key-replacement@ageofconan.com with the key in the subject.

Please include the following in the mail; which version you purchased (for example German Collectors Edition, UK Collectors Edition) as well as your country of origin.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and want to underline that we are doing all we can to get you your replacement code as soon as possible.

GREAT, anyone knows how long that takes? Why did I buy it again todeay? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got that message when i didnt type in my key at all. I hadnt entered it into the box, cause i thought there was a different screen to enter the key.

You ll either get:

You have recieved a broken cdkey
    Please read the information below for further assistance

or

No offer found for given key
    Check that you have typed it correctly

Just wondering if they can recognize if its broken why they just cant change their database and accept it? :confused:

Advertisement